PDA

View Full Version : Stockade+Target action=no screws

dk17hmr
06-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I just got a target action, and bought a stockade stock second hand....neither came with action screws.

Where can a guy locate 3 action screws and 1 trigger guard screw?

LoneWolf
06-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Try putting the Serial Number on the action into the parts finder on savagearms.com. I've order extra action screws a few times due to them stripping on me a few times.

Bike Effects
06-24-2014, 02:14 AM
If it is anything like my Stockade stock, the screws are different length than a factory Savage. Kevin supplied the screws (for a price) when he made my stock. I suggest calling Kevin Rayhill at Stockade.

rjtfroggy
06-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Go to the harware store and get some 1/4-28tpi button head bolts, buy a couple of nuts also buy them longer than needed. measure the length you need then screw a nut down to that length and cut the access off. Now you will have custom screws for less than a $ apiece. As for the one on the trigger guard any wood screw will do as long as it is the right size just don't over tighten. On my BR gun I don't even use one the guard fits tight enough that the action screw holds it with no movement on the guard.

dk17hmr
06-24-2014, 10:06 AM
The rear trigger guard screw has a threaded insert. The hardware store was going to be a fail safe if I couldn't buy all the screws at one shot .... I'll just go there after work

one-eye
07-01-2014, 05:22 PM
[SIZE=2]:help:[/SIZE try brownells for your action screws.:help::help:

bower4311
07-03-2014, 07:38 AM
[SIZE=2]:help:[/SIZE try brownells for your action screws.:help::help:

Not going to work. Stockade stocks require different lengths than factory. My stockade stock arrived last night with action screws for no additional price.