PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: F Minus match results, lots of Savages there!

Joe L
06-23-2014, 07:32 AM
I've had my Mark II BTV for a few weeks, shot it at 100 yards twice, so, why not? I entered the local club's F Minus match Sunday.

This is a 9 target, 45 shot, prone position, 22LR match, at 100 yards. Very windy today. I shot small groups, but they weren't centered over the 10 ring! I couldn't make myself hold off enough to compensate for the wind. Each target was good for 50 points, I averaged 43.4. Next time over 46, I hope, with more x-ring hits.

We have an open division, target division bipod or bag rest separate from a rear bag, and a division for slings only. I think I finished 1st or 2nd in target division, 5th overall. I think we had 4 juniors with their families and a total of maybe 15 people.

I only shot my neighbor's target once, but it was a 10 ring hit and he was very pleased. The Savage does NOT like to be cleaned!! Good gun for me, LOL.

A very pleasant surprise to me today was that nearly half of the rifles being used were Savages! The rest were 10/22s mainly. And the Savages all shot well. Not a single CZ. I love my CZ pistols but I am really glad I got the Mark II. It is a shooter, just like my 10-FCP-K in .308.

This is fun.

Joe

Rainorshine
06-24-2014, 06:56 PM
I've never participated in this type of match but sounds like you had a great time and are treating your neighbors very well! Enjoyed your account!

Reeseman
06-25-2014, 12:59 AM
I am glad to see the gun is working out for you Joe . You are doing your job behind the trigger and having fun . It sounds like everybody had a good time .

Joe L
06-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Definitely had a good time. It was quite satisfying to see a few kids at the match with their parents spotting for them. I won't be shooting anyone else's target again. I'm going to put some stickers or a mark on MY targets! That is an unanticipated problem with the 32x scope--at 100 yards, my field of view was plenty narrow, making it probable that I would line up on the wrong target, at least once.
Joe