PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Need ideas on replacement stock

LostInTexas
06-18-2014, 10:54 PM
All,

My daughter and I were at the range for Father's day and somehow the trigger guard on her MK II broke. It sheared off completely. I was right there and it was a very light bump as she was placing it on the bench. I'm thinking it had to be a flaw or just one of the strange things that happen. Doing some web searching it looks like I have a couple of options, but so far nothing has been cheap. Her stock has the trigger guard molded into the stock. We really don't care shape or condition, that would actually give us a new project if it needed a little work. My question is what is my cheapest option for a replacement stock to make this safe again?

I know there are new ones out there like Boyds, Stocky's, and others but those are out of our range. Blemished, slight damage, etc are fine.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Lonewulf
06-18-2014, 11:44 PM
you can check ebay, there my be a stock somebody took off and replaced with a boyds or another on there for sale

LostInTexas
06-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks, I've been watching but haven't seen one so far but it will eventually show up. Also check several of the firearm auction sites and struck out. Thanks for the help.

mr45acp2u
06-19-2014, 02:56 PM
What model Mk II? I have an older one, that is sitting in the attic. I will dig it up and send it for shipping if you are interested. It is not a e-reciever stock

fartsinpublic
06-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Is it an E Receiver Mk. II or a Pre-E? Makes a small difference in stock inletting...

From DIP site:

Several years ago Savage made some small changes to the MKII 22 Long Rifle receiver so that production could be streamlined and named it the "E" receiver. The major change in the newer "E" receiver is that it is slightly longer then the early models and the magazine well has been moved forward.

The easy way to tell what receiver you have is the receiver's length. The 22 Long Rifle "E" receiver is 7 3/4" long and the non-"E" receiver is 7 1/4" long.

LostInTexas
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
I think this is an older receiver 7.25" total length. I purchased it used several years back and it showed signs of age then.

Thanks for everything! Looks like I have a couple of good leads.