PDA

View Full Version : Buying directly from Lothar Walther?

transam30
06-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Anyone directly buy from Lothar Walther? I called them and an interesting man was helping me and said I had to mail in handwritten order request for a barrel that he said is in stock along with a check. He wasn't absolutely clear on the total price (shipping, fees?) either. I may be over reacting but I'm not completely comfortable sending a check with this style of transaction. Has anyone completed a sale with LW like this?

DanSavage
06-17-2014, 07:36 PM
No experience with them, but I have seen a Lothar pencil thin barrel shoot a 20 shot string at 200 yards that could be covered with a fifty cent piece, hot barrel, but they must be heat treated and stress relieved very well. I wouldn't hesitate on Lothar unless the guy wanted a blank check! And that is strange, how do you know how much to make the check out for? Have you checked their website? I thought you could actually put one in the cart and pay with a card.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out.

transam30
06-17-2014, 09:45 PM
The guy one phone said, "handwrite what you want and include a check or money order." I asked about online ordering and he said all that does is send them an email. after that I would have to write out an order anyway. So now I'm trying to get ahold of Sin-arms.

BobT
06-18-2014, 09:40 AM
I sent them an email order and never got a reply, didn't try calling.

Bob

Gary paugh
06-29-2014, 09:49 AM
I called and bought one off the shelf from the owner paid with a CC.
So far it's been a great barrel.

cvx444
07-03-2014, 01:23 AM
I bought a barrel for a Swede a few years ago from Lothar Walther. Process was a bit odd from memory, but they delivered as promised. Can not comment on quality as it is still in the box. I assume all the work is done in Germany and the US operation is minimal. Follow their instructions and you should be happy. Sometimes it takes some time due to shipping from Germany.

big honkin jeep
07-03-2014, 01:40 AM
I bought a barrel for a Swede a few years ago from Lothar Walther. Process was a bit odd from memory, but they delivered as promised. Can not comment on quality as it is still in the box. I assume all the work is done in Germany and the US operation is minimal. Follow their instructions and you should be happy. Sometimes it takes some time due to shipping from Germany.

UUUh?
They are manufactured in Cumming, Georgia, USA about an hour up the road from me.
I was kinda wondering if they would serve a walk in customer though?
Might have to give em a call and see.
If not maybe a local buddy with an FFL can help me out.

Brianatl
07-04-2014, 07:37 PM
I have sent them checks several times.

LoneWolf
07-05-2014, 02:45 AM
I have sent them checks several times.

How did that turn out?