PDA

View Full Version : The McGowan wait.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dewey7271
10-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Dennis;
Received my order from the outlet in almost exactly a week.
Great barrel thus far.
Thanks!

Dennis
10-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Dewey, thanks for the comment. They are doing everything they can do and I feel all will be in order shortly.

Dennis

Stockrex
10-17-2014, 01:31 PM
No disrespect intended, but if the Manager illness slowed production, then, in my opinion, the manager did not have his chain of command in order.

belvedere, how about some empathy, mcgowan is not really like the DOD,
on the flip side, McGowan should have put something on their website informing customers of new bottlenecks or directly communicated with their clients.

blvedere
10-17-2014, 06:18 PM
My mistake, I didn't know McGowan was a one man shop.

Orr89rocz
11-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Disappointed with false claims/lies. Ordered a pre fit standard varmint small shank .308 win barrel back in august. Pretty common barrel and was told it was in stock and would be 1-2 weeks. Bout a month later nothing, then eventually told that it was not in stock and they would have to make one, basically a custom order 6-8 weeks and it still aint done.
Why wouldnt you just say we dont have it in stock and have to go custom? And tell me the honest truth it be months? Now the build wont be done for this years huntin season.

jonbearman
11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
To be honest, most serious bench rest shooters order up to 2 years in advance. My buddy does it every 8 months to make sure there isn't a delay. You fellas are getting your feet wet for the first or third time for all I know but sometimes things happen that are out of their control. Right now they are putting out fires so they can catch up. The way kreiger and others do is to wait till they have so many orders, say in .260 rem so what they do is tally the orders till they have a big order then they drill and ream and rifle at the same time, then it is off to .308's and too many to list. With the way guys are buying savage pre-fits and semi customs and full custom's , I will bet they are way behind do to the super influx of pre fits. I sympathize with you guys being told one thing and another happens. In the end Dennis is a stand -up guy through and through and so is Mcgowen. Once the ebb slows then all barrel makers will finally get caught up and the times will return to normal. Think of ot just like the bullet,powder,and primer shortages. It is hard to get back to everyone in a timely matter when you are getting thousands of emails a day with inquirys that go toan auto response kinda like writing my congressman. Hang in there and you will get the barrel. I have 3 or 4 of them and one new .308 heavy waiting for my lazy butt to put it on. It will all work out in the end and the wait will be worth every dime. If the guy had a stroke then maybe its time to temporarily get someone in there to straighten it out, just saying.

kevwil
11-11-2014, 04:07 PM
For what it's worth, I got my pre-fit barrel yesterday, one week after ordering it. That's the usual estimate for the pre-fit in-stock barrels. But I added the matte finish on my order, which was supposed to add a week, so I got it in half the promised time. They have one more happy customer here.

Onewolf
11-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I ordered two barrels on 8/18/2014 and I just got an e-mail with invoice indicating that one of them (6.5 Grendel) is ready to ship. I was not anticipating getting either of these barrels until sometime early next year, but I already have an action/stock ready for the build so that's ok.

Update: I got shipping notification for the 2nd barrel today.

Less than 3 months for both full custom barrels.