PDA

View Full Version : Predator Torque

ColColt
06-13-2014, 08:29 PM
I recently bought the Model 10 Predator Hunter Max-1 in 22-250 and wanted to tweak the trigger a bit but didn't see anything in the manual about what to torque sequence was nor the in/lbs. I wanted to get the screws back right once I put in back together and didn't know if it required 35 or 65 in/lbs. Does anyone know? There are three screws, I discovered and not the two I thought. One hides under the mag release button.

mudfish
06-14-2014, 02:03 AM
There are no detailed instructions on how to torque the newer "wedge-less" AccuStocks. Start at the front bolt first and tighten in 10 inch-lb increments up to 40. Some have found 35/30 or similar to shoot best.

ColColt
06-14-2014, 11:38 AM
What was confusing is the Savage Knowledge Data Base indicated there was four screws on the AccuStock models and I find but three. There is no "wedge" screw on either of the two Predator Hunter rifles I have. I set my Torque screwdriver for 20 in/lbs and tried to back out the screws and it ratcheted. I went to 25 in/lbs and they loosened so, they must have only had them tightened to that value.

From the data base...

"These new models will also have a total of four screws on the bottom of the stock (the rear trigger gd. screw, the front and rear action screws, and the "wedge" screw on the forend)"

https://savagearms.zendesk.com/entries/23562021-How-will-I-know-if-I-have-the-Accustock-