PDA

View Full Version : Leupold FX-ll disappointment!!

clintsrv
06-11-2014, 10:49 PM
My wife always tells me to buy me a scope for Father's Day to wrap up and give me from my 2 boys. I think it just a wonderful plan!! This year I've been working on my new 308 Hunter and decided that I would try the FX-ll 6x36 LR Duplex.

We'll today it arrived. I always have my parts sent to my shop, considering I practically live there, and unboxed it to check it before I give it to my wife for wrapping. Everything looked as you would expect. Then I spun off a turret cap to find out they are just like the Rifleman line slotted adjusted turrets!! I am not a big fan of that style and certainly didn't expect that on the FX line of scopes. I'm real dissappointed to say the least. I love Leupold scopes, have quite a few, but this really bothered me.
I should have done a tad bit more research I guess. Generally I'm pretty thorough, but this one got by me.

I could have got a VX-1 or VX-2 2x7, same reticle and saved some money or broke even. Either way I'll be slapping it on my rifle and getting after it here Sunday afternoon!!!

sharpshooter
06-12-2014, 12:26 PM
What did you expect? If they don't have target turrets, they all have coin slots.

clintsrv
06-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I have 2 VX-2's and a VX-1 that have finger adjustment turrets under the caps. Neither have target turrets. The only coin slotted Leupolds I have are the Rifleman series. I expected at least finger adjustments for the price point.

stomp442
06-12-2014, 12:58 PM
You could always get you a stoney point knob. You can still find them on eBay for about $25.

clintsrv
06-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah I've looked at them. It's not really that big a deal, I guess I expected finger adjustments. I have cheap Academy bought Simmons that have finger adjustment turrets. Actually though once I dial it in and the distances the rifle and scope will be used, it won't matter at all.