PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 flat back

arkcommander
06-10-2014, 05:42 AM
I have an savage 110 7mm rem mag flat back and was thinking bout re barreling it to a 300 win mag. Looks like the bolt heads are the same I believe so all I'll have to do is the barrel? I've found a ER Shaw barrel with small shank will that work on my gun and is that a decent barrel? All the gun will be used for is little hunting and targeting shoots good just wanting to play with it a little bit. Need all the advice and help I can get thanks

LoneWolf
06-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Many that reload have had good luck with ER Shaw barrels (1/2MOA and some better). Some say they dirty a little faster than the match grade barrels, but they do shoot. If it's just general hunting and target shooting I would probably go that route myself.

arkcommander
06-10-2014, 06:46 AM
I bought the gun last year just to build and put a Nikon buckmaster and one piece mount on it. The gun shoots pretty good I was hoping to put barrel and stock on it to improve it a little. So the small shank barrel will work on my action?

BillPa
06-10-2014, 12:01 PM
So the small shank barrel will work on my action?

When that rifle was made they were all 1.055" small shank barrels/actions. The larger 1.120" large shanks didn't arrive until 2002.

Bill