PDA

View Full Version : Choate ,HS varmit or equivlent for a11 Vt

Journeymansun
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
I have been looking at different aftermarket stocks and seem to be having some difficulties in finding what will fit the Savage model 11 vt.
Who is making a stock for the newer models with bolt release on trigger guard ?

Oscarflytyer
06-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Choate and Boyd Tacticool for starters. Are active threads discussing both.

Journeymansun
06-13-2014, 04:34 PM
I called Stockys and was told a PS 114 would be an option for this weapon. They also have a varmint stock for it but was not interested I wanted a vertical stock.Stockys only has composite stocks for this weapon. I then called Boyds and was informed they do not have an exact drop in but have options fo short action where I'd have to replace the plastic (axis type) trim with metal and then open up the stock for the varmint/target barrel.I was told that they will have a stock coming out for the 11vt in about 6 weeks. Do I wait for what comes down the lane or bite on the Hs114 from stockys.

Orr89rocz
06-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Choate has the tactical stock for bottom bolt release and detach mag box. The A4-A5 kinda style one not the ultimate varmint or sniper stock. I dont think any of those other choates have the bottom metal cut out. Couldnt find one for my other model 11 308 that has detach mag box but release by bolt. Its newer gun to.