PDA

View Full Version : Trigger guard

Tarheelpwr
06-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I just picked up an old style (flat back) 7mm RUM. I'll be replacing the trigger guard. Does it matter which one I get; new or old style? Here's what I'm seeing:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/trigger-guards/trigger-guard-ss-sku855000190-12979-31308.aspx

I'll be having Kevin make a stockade gun stock for it, so he can inlet as long as it will mate up with the action.

Chris

thomae
06-06-2014, 09:21 AM
There are subtle differences in the width of the various Savage metal trigger guards, as well as a more pronounced difference in the thickness (top to bottom) of the most forward part of the trigger guard.

The width issue should not be a problem. The front thickness issue should not be an issue if you are building a blind magazine rifle.

If you building a staggerfeed DBM rifle, I don't know if there are fitment issues or not.

For a centerfeed DBM rifle, it depends on what surround (frame) you use for the DBM. With the trigger guard as pictured, you might have to insert some shim washers to make it flush.

Tarheelpwr
06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
There are subtle differences in the width of the various Savage metal trigger guards, as well as a more pronounced difference in the thickness (top to bottom) of the most forward part of the trigger guard.

The width issue should not be a problem. The front thickness issue should not be an issue if you are building a blind magazine rifle.

If you building a staggerfeed DBM rifle, I don't know if there are fitment issues or not.

For a centerfeed DBM rifle, it depends on what surround (frame) you use for the DBM. With the trigger guard as pictured, you might have to insert some shim washers to make it flush.

Thanks for the input. I should be fine with that then. I'm keeping it blind mag.