PDA

View Full Version : New Accustock # of screws?

ravot22
06-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I just received my special ordered model 111 in 7mm rem mag....

I noticed it only has three action screws as opposed to four...

When did Savage loose the aluminum block and fourth screw?

rangewolf
06-02-2014, 09:46 PM
The screw was for the Acccuwedge. Savage determined that it in fact superfluous and not needed. It didn't
aide in accuracy so they 86'd it.

foxx
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
I just received my special ordered model 111 in 7mm rem mag....

I noticed it only has three action screws as opposed to four...

When did Savage loose the aluminum block and fourth screw?

Actually, the new Accustock has 2 action screws. One up front, one in front of the trigger guard, under the bolt release button. The third screw is NOT an action screw. It simply holds the trigger to the stock. Should not be removed too often, the plastic stock will not hold it many times.

eddiesindian
06-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Actually, the new Accustock has 2 action screws. One up front, one in front of the trigger guard, under the bolt release button. The third screw is NOT an action screw. It simply holds the trigger to the stock. Should not be removed too often, the plastic stock will not hold it many times.

+1...........

J.Baker
06-04-2014, 11:06 AM

I think you meant to say the third screw holds the trigger guard to the stock. ;)

foxx
06-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Yeah. That didn't sound right. Wasn't sure why.

J.Baker
06-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Ok, this subject keeps coming up every few months so could someone send me a couple pictures of their EARLY 3-screw AccuStock? I need one clearly showing all three bottom screws from the outside (rifle upside down looking down from above at the bottom of the forearm), and one with the barreled action removed showing the inside of the stock (both action screw holes and the AccuWedge visible). If I can get those pictures from someone I'll make a sticky for the FAQ's so we don't have to keep answering this.