PDA

View Full Version : Stock fit

marlow243
06-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I have a chance to get a nice stock that is a 1990s long action I'm assuming it's a stagger feed .Im planning on putting it on a Stevens 200 2506 that I picked up brand new about a month agoit shoots very good well under moa but the stock is so flimsy . I guess I should just leave it alone what do you guys think. Thanks marlow

foxx
06-02-2014, 07:10 PM
I would always suggest replacing plastic factory stocks for the reason you stated. To confirm that it fits, measure the length, center to center, of the action screws. Then confirm it is the same for the stock

foxx
06-02-2014, 07:12 PM
oops, long actions are all the same.

Instead, remove the stock and confirm if it is centerfeed or staggered feed. If the mag is attached to the action with the stock removed, it is stagger feed. If it remains in the stock it is centerfeed. You will then need to confirm with the seller what the stock is.

marlow243
06-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks fox it's a stagger feed I was thinking the stock being a 90s stock it would be stagger feed to he said I could try it if it didn't fit I could send it back for a refund I was also thinking about a Boyd's

foxx
06-02-2014, 07:52 PM
I think you can make it work either way. Might have to do some dremel work and jb weld to make it fit, but it can be done. I like Boyds.

rob.dizz.89
06-03-2014, 01:48 AM
If you have the means, I would say go with a Boyd's. That way you'll know for sure the stock was built to your rifle's specifications and it should drop in without to much work at all (maybe some light sanding). I had a model 11 short action a while back and I replaced the stock tupperware with a Boyd's stock. It dropped right in with no sanding needed if you can believe that. I took it to the range and my groups improved immediately, and significantly.

marlow243
06-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks dizz I think I will go with the Boyd's thanks again