View Full Version : Suddenly Tight Extraction

Pages : 1 [2]

CharlieNC
06-03-2014, 04:14 PM
No crimp Jon. In addition to re-setting the headspace, I did clean the throat well. Will shoot next week to get the verdict. It's odd that same loads last week were fine; this week the problem suddenly appeared.

earl39
06-04-2014, 03:01 PM
That's what I'd thought too. Some of my LC is even lighter than my Lapua brass...but it creates higher pressures. I think it's the base thickness for the machine guns (there's more pressure on the back of the case from the earlier extraction process).
Hunter go back and reread my post. You edited out the part where i specified capacity (what the brass holds, NOT what it weighs).

DanSavage
06-05-2014, 05:01 PM
You may have severe copper build up in the bore. Use a good copper cleaner such as sweets 7.62 or butch's bore shine and see if the patch's come out blue.

mtHunter82
06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Hunter go back and reread my post. You edited out the part where i specified capacity (what the brass holds, NOT what it weighs).

I just hit reply...stupid iPhone. :). I agree with you.

jsthntn247
06-09-2014, 12:25 PM
How many firings did the brass have on it when it was extracting fine? I can get about two firings on full pressure loads without any clicks at the top of extraction. After the case expands (near the base) a smidge after two or so firings I get clicks at the top of extraction from then on. I have a feeling it's due to poor primary extraction and some bolt timing work is needed so that everything is working in unison to extract the case.

CharlieNC
06-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Fixed! Original post updated.