PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Optics Military Program

Pages : [1] 2

LoneWolf
05-28-2014, 11:07 AM
If any of you fellow military guys are looking for new optic for your rigs get in touch with Travis Boran VX <tboran@vortexoptics.com>.

The deal was so good I ended up springing for the Razor HD 5-20x50 w/ EBR-2B and 25MOA turrets. I went this route because of the lifetime no questions asked warranty and it's a scope that I'll never be able to out grow.

As many of you have told me "buy once, cry once".

Still have like 3+ months to wait before I get home to put it all together.

35Whelenshooter
05-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Was this for active duty or retired/disabled?

LoneWolf
05-28-2014, 10:38 PM
in his email he only said MIL/LEO. I would send him a line and see.

35Whelenshooter
05-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks, I will drop a line to him. Thank you for your service.

limige
05-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Please post his reply...thank you

Oscarflytyer
05-30-2014, 11:36 PM
From Jason (email response back to me). I am not retired, just 11 yr veteran.

Good morning Steve,
Thanks so much for reaching out to us.

We do have a discount program for veterans. I would be happy to get you set up if you could supply me with the DD214. I will explain the details when we get your status confirmed.

Thanks so much for your service, it is greatly appreciate by all of us here at Vortex.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,
Travis Boran
Consumer Sales Associate
Vortex Optics
1-800-426-0048 Ext. 402
www.vortexoptics.com (http://www.vortexoptics.com/)

BobT
06-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Badger has a pretty good military program too!

Ackevor
06-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Yeah Travis is a cool guy. He hooked me up with my Viper PST last year. Only took about 3-4 weeks for mine I believe. Also Bushnell has a similar program, 50% off their price list. I dont feel its as good as Vortex though. His name is Alpha Landingham, can be found on Linked-in. I would put his email in but I cant find it on my phone right now.

sc1911cwp
06-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Plenty of companies out there that recognize military service, responders, ect. Just ask. BTW, I am retired military and when I asked Vortex they said no to me. I guess it depends on who you get to ask. So I went with Night Force.

6mmBR_Shooter
06-19-2014, 06:48 AM
by the way, i sent an email to bushnell customer service to ask if they have a mil discount. the internet has said both yes and no, and if i get an answer back ill pass word.

Oscarflytyer
06-19-2014, 10:59 PM
I am not retired, but 11 yr vet. I have found that if you offer up a DD214, a lot of places will give you a discount, sometimes even if they don't have a program for it. Occassionally, Lowes and Gander will give me a Vet discount just from seeing my USAA debit card...

ANG Pilot
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
I just talked with Travis and placed an order for a Razor HD Gen II. The LEO/MIL discount was substantial and the process couldn't be simpler; just provide Travis with a copy of your DD214, or a valid ID, or .MIL address.

I highly recommend Vortex and Travis was a pleasure to work with.

6mmBR_Shooter
06-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Sidenote: the POC for the Bushnell LE/MIL program is Colleen Cain: dmcain2@comcast.net

It also has a pretty substantial discount. This includes Bushnell, Bolle, Millett, and Serenghetti.

I'll pass the email I recieved from her to forum members here if you send me your department/mil email address.

ANG Pilot
06-25-2014, 12:22 AM
LoneWolf...thanks very much for the contact info for Travis.

LoneWolf
06-25-2014, 02:59 AM
No problem. It is such a good program I just wanted to give more fellow Vets the opportunity to take advantage on a great optic set up.

P.S. I was tempted by the Gen II, but I didn't want to deal with the extra weight!

earl39
06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Sidenote: the POC for the Bushnell LE/MIL program is Colleen Cain: dmcain2@comcast.net

It also has a pretty substantial discount. This includes Bushnell, Bolle, Millett, and Serenghetti.

I'll pass the email I recieved from her to forum members here if you send me your department/mil email address.

Is this only for active duty. As a vet i do not have a mil address and when i got out in '81 most people didn't have email or cell phones.

6mmBR_Shooter
06-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Is this only for active duty. As a vet i do not have a mil address and when i got out in '81 most people didn't have email or cell phones.

Earl, I can't say for sure. I would contact them and ask to get a definite answer.

Ackevor
07-03-2014, 08:54 AM

I was told if no emial was available a photo copy of some form of military ID was sufficient, or DD214 which every Vet should have somewhere safe.

Jamie
07-03-2014, 11:04 AM
There is a major centralized program out there that puts hundreds of manufacturers discounts for mil/vet in one place. I hate posting it in public just because so shoot me a PM if interested. As with the others above, if you do not have a .mil address you will have to show proof such as DD214.

earl39
07-03-2014, 12:33 PM
HAHA wish me luck finding my dd214 guys since my wife puts stuff where i can't find it but i do have my VA card in my pocket.