PDA

View Full Version : Determining level of interest in a SAVAGE Range day in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

LoneWolf
05-26-2014, 03:56 AM
Good day to all,

As many of you may already know I am an active duty Marine currently stationed in Southern California. I am also currently deployed and looking to get back home in the early fall. Since June 30th last year I have been a member of this forum after picking up an Axis rifle that is my first ever personally owned firearm. I took a lot of time to rebuild it and turn it into a very competitive long range rifle chambered in 308 and have placed in the top ranks of a few local competitions that I've competed in.

I also took the first steps into the world of reloading all due to the advise and assistance I've gained from the members of this forum. So since I have all this time to think about things I want to do when I get home which involves a lot of time with my family as well as getting back out on the range with the new build I have in the works that will be waiting on my return to be put together. I owe much of the experience and accomplishments in these endeavors to the information provided through this forum.

Anyway, I was wondering what the level of interest would be to get a good amount of Savage shooters out to my current favorite range out on the Pala Indian Reservation in Pala California. You can find it via google search of North County Shootist Association (NCSA), NCSA High Power, or NCSA Pala. It's a great range with steel plate all the way out to 890yds and you can also bring out your own targets to set up as well. It's a self serve range so you are required to bring your own Rifle/Pistol, ammunition, eye/ear pro, and whatever other items you prefer whil eout for a day at the range.

I have not approached the staff yet on this endeavor to find out if they would be interested in hosting such an event, but I would like to see who would be in for it on here first. Current costs for non-members is $30 to shoot all day, $20 if Active Duty Military, LEO, or retired mil/LEO. You can shoot any caliber up to .338.

This event would most likely take place on a week day because they hold competitions most every weekend and also have the local Military and Law Enforcement conducting training during the week.

My goal is to set this up as a kind of welcome back event and just have a good time getting to know some of the other forum members here in person. If there is a good amount of interest I will start working on contacting the range for possible dates in October/November timeframe.

Thank you for reading and please let me know if you would consider coming out to this event.

LW

Ericm
10-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Semper Fi LW,
New member here. I hope I didn't find this thread too late, I live in North county just down the freeway from Pala , have been very seriously thinking of getting a membership there. A shoot/meetup locally is a very cool idea . I could stand to a few rounds downrange . Keep the board posted of you progress.

Ericm

LoneWolf
10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
I just got back about 2 weeks ago. Been out there once since I got back. Probably get out the again soon in the following week. Didn't get enough of a response here to consider talking to all the RSO's at the range though. Maybe this revival post will raise some interest.

drybean
10-12-2014, 11:52 AM
way to far for me to drive

danthman114
10-15-2014, 03:31 PM
theres a free range here in yuma that has a 1kyd range, and you can shoot anything you want. its not that far away from the sandiego area and may be more tempting for more people. not just 1000 yd range, theres something like 8 different types of ranges there. adair range...

just a thought. my savage is still at SSS so ill have to shoot my remington or winchester. or springfield...