PDA

View Full Version : PTG Bolt head, did it help with ejection?

masterblaster
05-23-2014, 06:46 PM
I have put the SSS kit on my bolt head already, bolt seems to got better at extraction and ejection but it still only works 50% of the time properly,wondering if the PTG bolt head would help things along?

Sorry for title of post spilled coffee on my keyboard and space bar not working right. (Admin edit: I fixed the title for you.)

bootsmcguire
05-23-2014, 06:53 PM
What cartridge, barrel brand, and action length are you currently using?

masterblaster
05-23-2014, 07:03 PM
308, 223, and 308, McGowan, McGowan, Savage.

bootsmcguire
05-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Is this 3 different bolt heads?

Kind of strange that 3 different heads would give you some much trouble. How do your extractors look? chipped or worn at all? The SSS kit helps stiffen them up, but if they are worn or chipped then they need replacing.

Are you having trouble more with extraction from the chamber or ejection clearing the action or both or ??

masterblaster
05-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah 3 diff rifles, the 4th one is new and works about 90%. I could replace the extractor but done that on all of thm about 1k rounds ago. Wondering if the PTG bolt head will work or help.

bootsmcguire
05-23-2014, 07:24 PM
It couldn't hurt, I have heard that they are made to better standards and tighter tolerances so perhaps that could be the improvement you seek. I have only limited experience around one from PT&G, so I cannot say for sure but if all else has been tried then it would be the next logical attempt.

hopefully someone who has used them more extensively will chime in. Personally I have not had minimal trouble with my factory heads to warrant getting one myself.

masterblaster
06-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I ordered two, one for one of my 308's and one for the 223. Will feedback when I get them and try them out.