PDA

View Full Version : New 12Varminter and new to forum

CPOSHOOTER
05-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Had 1 Savage in the past. Did not perform to my satisfaction and sold it. Looked for accurate .204 Ruger rifles and decided to try Savage again since if it did not perform I could easily go to a custom barrel for a total still less than a custom rifle. Shot 40 rounds of Hornady 32grain in new gun and after sighting in all 3 shot groups were under MOA at 100 yds. Considering my old eyes it shoots better than I can. Very happy with it. 20 rounds of Nosler 32gr were dissappointing. All 3 shot groups were over MOA and 1 round would not chamber. Found the cartridge to be too long. Nosler is very expensive ammo and this was a poor display. I expect to get .5 MOA with handloads, breakin, and experience. Oh and a better scope. Ordered a Leupold fixed 40X. My first try of a high power fixed scope. It will be fun.

savgebolt
05-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum,,, as u i recently purchased a 12 varmint in 22-250,,,, havent mounted the scope yet,,,a 204 ruger will be my next caliber gun,, check out the 204ruger.com forums ,,, very good reading,,,,enjoy, happy shooting

jonbearman
05-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Handloads would be more accurate in any gun including a 20 cal.If you need help contact Northlandshootersupply.com for all aftermarket needs and he is a wealth of imfo pertaining to savage rifle's.