PDA

View Full Version : What's up with PTG

rinodods
05-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Anyone else having issues with these guys? Had an order processed by them on Jan 3 of this year for a magnum bolt head. Told me 2-3 weeks and that has been the story every single time I checked up on it for the last 5+ months now. Each time they say they are running them right now and they will ship in 2-3 weeks. Last time they even gave me a date of May 10th.....nothing. I've heard the customer service is bad but wow 5 months of telling a customer 2-3 weeks. Think I'm about done. Love their stuff that I have gotten my hands on but this is just out of control. I'd much rather be told they don't have a date or hey it's gonna be a couple months than the company line they've been pushing. Although for a while I made it kind of a game where when the time was way past I'd respond via email to the same CS rep with the previous two weeks answer in the email from them just to see if they'd change the story. Nope...got a running chain of three.

COplains
06-14-2014, 04:26 AM
I did a little better....maybe. After the fiasco of getting the right P/N and dimensions it only took eight weeks for the bolt head to arrive. And it was the wrong one, short action instead of long. Still don't have the right one...now about 4 months later. Like you I like the product, I have the PT&G bolt body ready to go if I ever get the bolt head. And we should all record the "it's in production", will "ship next week" etc. just to pass around. Great product, decent price, horrible customer service. If it's going to take "x" amount of time, just tell me, I can deal with that.

Road Rat
06-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Well, they have a nice web-master!! Site looks good........:rolleyes:

Russ_N
07-02-2014, 01:31 AM
I also placed an order on Jan 10th, told me it would be six weeks, first email response told me it would be 8 wks, 2nd email response said 2 more weeks, 3rd email response said they were waiting on parts from savage. I finally received my order the first week of June! The order was not correct after 5 months of waiting. They did give me a refund, but I am not impressed. With the number of savage shooters out there you'd think they would get it together.

cstone
07-12-2014, 06:59 PM
I've sent two emails asking PTG when or if they will ever be selling more of the .378 (.223) bolt heads for the long action 110 rifles. No response to either email.

If anyone knows of any other source for these bolt heads, I would appreciate the information.