PDA

View Full Version : long action build problem HELP

tking308
05-19-2014, 02:48 AM
So I'm building a long action with my son for a graduation present and we've run into a snag. I've got a stagger feed action and the bolt is dragging on the mag box. I know that's what it is because when I remove the follower and attached mag box the bolt cycles freely. I tried bending the feed lips down and I can't go any further without closing it off so much that rounds won't go in it. Could I have a center feed stock and that's the problem? The action dropped right into the stock so I figured it was the correct one. I also noticed that my short action center feed has a "side support" on either side of the magazine, this stock doesn't. I'm at a loss and he's expecting to go shoot it when he gets out of school today and I don't want him to be disappointed.

BillPa
05-19-2014, 09:19 AM
I've got a stagger feed action and the bolt is dragging on the mag box. I know that's what it is because when I remove the follower and attached mag box the bolt cycles freely. I tried bending the feed lips down

Its the mag mounted height in relationship to the bolt, not the feed rails (lips). You'll have to tweak the mounting tab(s) up a hair which will lower the mag away from the bolt.It typically doesn't take much. Its best to tweak it without the follower and follower spring installed so you don't mistake the bolt dragging on the follower as a mag position issue.

Bill

tking308
05-19-2014, 12:28 PM
THANKS BILL! That took care of the problem.
Todd