PDA

View Full Version : Fitting internal magazine into Stockade stock

borg
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I am really happy with my money saver stock from Stockade. It is for my model 10 .30-06 with accutrigger. The internal magazine fits in very tightly--as promised. However, the first time I put it in I couldn't get the front action screw to reach the threads, so I took it out and looked more closely and noticed a very small lip at the bottom near the rear of the slot cut into the stock for the magazine. I seated it again down to that lip, then I tapped the front end of the magazine with a plastic hammer until it was all the way to the bottom of the hole. In other words, the back of the magazine was on the lip and the front was all the way down to the bottom. Then I put the stock back on and tightened it down.

So here is my question: Did I do that right?

stumpjumper400
03-26-2010, 04:16 PM
does it cycle the ammo? I have the same setup coming.

borg
03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
does it cycle the ammo? I have the same setup coming.

Yes, it seems to work flawlessly in that regard. My concern is metal-to-metal contact causing stress when I tighten the action screws if the front of the magazine isn't seated deeply enough.

stumpjumper400
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
I guess the only thing you have to make sure of is the bottom of the action contacting the stock (not the tang, the area immediately around the action screws). That will tell you if it is seated deep enough. There are several things you can do to see if this is happening. Coat the bottom of the action or the stock with something thin that will transfer to the other part to see if it's contacting. If everthing is making good contact and the action setup feeds the ammo correctly then I would say there is not too much pressure on the magazine shell. Above all.....if it checks out, go out and shoot it.

pics please

Steve

borg
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I guess the only thing you have to make sure of is the bottom of the action contacting the stock (not the tang, the area immediately around the action screws). That will tell you if it is seated deep enough. There are several things you can do to see if this is happening. Coat the bottom of the action or the stock with something thin that will transfer to the other part to see if it's contacting. If everthing is making good contact and the action setup feeds the ammo correctly then I would say there is not too much pressure on the magazine shell. Above all.....if it checks out, go out and shoot it.

pics please

Steve

I don't have a camera. But thank you. That was an incredibly helpful response.

Ah Pook
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Is there any rubbing on the rear of the trigger assembly? I had this problem with a stock. A little dremel work, on the stock, fixed it.