PDA

View Full Version : Newest Portable Hit Alarm System

eddiesindian
05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Ive made several different versions of these in the past. This one is by far the easiest to set up. All self contained. Just pick a spot/distance, plant the spikes into the ground,unravel the wire going to LED lights and place it about 30ft away, flip the switch and your ready. The pic shows the light close to the plate, but when set up its about 30-40 ft away. Worse thing that can happen is that somebody hits the wire, which has happened.
If you hit the plate, the module will flash the LED for 30 sec. then reset itself.
The plate is 14"x14".
I made it so the plate has a carry handle and is slotted in the back as to hold the red box which is has all electronics ie": battery/module/wiring/shock sensor/switch.
Its plate is railroad tie plate and can take hits easily even from a 308 at close distance. course I didnt make it for close distance. I made it for 1K and beyond.
As I said, i have several hit alarm system Ive made. A total of 6...this one is by far the easiest.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/HItalarmsystem2014001_zps777d95cd.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/HItalarmsystem2014002_zps10f508d0.jpg

DrThunder88
05-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Looks very nice! Good work!

bremereric
05-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Make it so that it will text your cell phone and you will be a millionaire.

1375619cm3
05-16-2014, 09:56 PM
With a picture of the hit on target for adjusting

eddiesindian
05-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Looks very nice! Good work!

thanks dude.
Its actually alot of fun/entertainment for me to build these.

eddiesindian
05-17-2014, 12:24 AM
At 1000yds, the 14"x14" plate looks small to say the least but you can still see hits at that distance. Its when you have multiple hits on the plate where the hit alarm system comes in handy. the only way to set off the alarm system is with a hit. No more guess work.
The smallest system I have is a 8"x6" plate that has the shock sensor at the back of it but the electronic control assy is buried with a plate atop of it.
Bottom line?......Its just abunch of fun

COplains
05-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Make it so that it will text your cell phone and you will be a millionaire.

Just gotta laugh....too bad I don't have my Mig welder anymore, heck of an idea.

eddiesindian
05-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Took it out this weekend and set it at 1k. The plate was smacked repeatedly by 3 shooters. Im happy to say it didnt miss-a-lick.
20mph winds made it interesting.

ywhic
05-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Do you got a parts list for us novices??

eddiesindian
05-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Do you got a parts list for us novices??

Its really so simple Im suprised somebody else hadnt come up with the idea, which somebody probably already has but I havent seen it.

Parts: Car Alarm module and shock sensor. You can find them anywhere new/old. Older versions are better because they reset themselves after theyve been trip,d. wiring is straight up and easy. the shock sensor usually has its stand alone 4 strand with its own special connectors which comes with the alarm system.
I power the system up with 2--- 7.2V remote control car NI-CAD,s wired in series to give me more voltage. The higher voltage makes the LED flash brighter. You dont really need it, but I did it anyway. You can use a small sealed lead filled 12V--9amp hr battery as well.
I prefer using LED,s becuase they dont suck up amperage...and I have a friend who works in the shop that maintains/services our local; transit buses. If you can......get a white LED. I can see that thing flash without looking thru a scope flash at a mile.
Its really easy. Alot easier than you,d think. The hard part is getting ahold of the alram system.
One thing in mind is that Ive been a Ford certified tech for the past 36yrs and truth be known?....thats really what makes it easier for me. I can get what ever I need at the dealership I work at.