PDA

View Full Version : Need help with old style trigger sear spring.

josh_m
05-15-2014, 06:41 PM
I was taking apart my model 10 today and lost the sear engagement spring off of the trigger group. It's the straight spring that that goes from the adjustment screw to the back of the trigger group. Been looking online but haven't located anything. Not even a part number.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

foxx
05-15-2014, 06:45 PM
I can send you an original and/or a lighter one made from piano wire. PM me your address.

Ding, Ding, Ding! "The Price is right!" ;)

Axtell3
08-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm almost in the same boat, looking for the piano wire spring, dod you just go to a music shop, or did you buy some?

foxx
08-06-2014, 09:40 AM
I bought some from someone online. It came in about 5 foot length. That there's a lot of trigger springs! :) PM me if you want some.

LHitchcox
08-06-2014, 09:41 AM
The wire on a buzzbait works just right (not a spinnerbait). I bought a cheap $1.00 bait a Walmart and cut it to fit. If you cut it right you don't even have to bend it much. The bend is already there. I got two trigger wires per buzzbait. Later I got several blank wires from a tackle shop that builds their own baits.

big honkin jeep
08-06-2014, 01:36 PM
A decent hardware store will carry music wire and enough to make a bunch of springs is typically a couple of bucks. It can also be found at a music store or piano shop and most of the time they'll give you enough to make a couple of springs. It certainly helps to have an original to use as a template and match up the bends.
It sounds like the good members here have you covered though.:thumb:

limige
08-07-2014, 09:46 PM
I bought baby diaper safety pins and cut the straight piece off and bent it. Works well