PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Savage Mark II FVT price

blkexp98
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I am thinking hard about buying a Mark II FVT and was curious if any of you know how this local price was. I can get it from Dicks Sporting Goods new and with the accutrigger for about $370 after about $30 in taxes. How good of a buy is that? I see two on gunbroker for about 319.00 but by the time shipping and a transfer have happened m about in the same spot. I cant find one used or even in stock locally. Do any of you know where i can find a coupon or anything that will work for Dicks and firearms? I see the CMP has them for $230 but you have to be affiliated with a group and im not. :( That would definatly make this decision easy if i could just order like that.

I want to use the rifle as a iron sights only rifle hence the model but don't want to make a $370 screw up right now either. I thought that i read that they also use a magazine that's hard to find. Is that the case or just outdated info and its the same as any other .22LR mark II.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

KajunKat
06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
There are lots of ways to be affiliated with a CMP organization. You have to read the fine print. It is kind of like the "membership" to a sam's club. We are affiliated through the 4H shooting sports. If you can't go that way $370 is not a bad price for what you get. The magazine in a 5 shot instead of the standard 10 shot banana clip. It is waaaay more comfortable in standing position and doesn't snag on stuff in other postions or rapid fire.