PDA

View Full Version : New .308 Trophy Hunter owner questions.

Lonecoyote
05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Good day all! Yesterday I bought a new stainless/polymer model 16 Trophy Hunter XP in .308. Haven't shot it yet and just cleaning and tinkering with it now. I looked on-line for spare factory mags and can't seem to find what model number I need or where to get them at. The only thing the magazine says is ""Std Short" on it and no model number. Can anyone recommend what model number I need and a good place to buy them at? And does Savage make a larger capacity magazine? Finally, the gun came with a Nikon 3-9X40 scope on it. The eye piece lock ring is tighter than a tattoo and cannot be moved in either direction. I even tried a strap wrench on it but to no avail. Thank you in advance!

tufrthnails
05-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure someone can give you more info then I can.

cttb
05-11-2014, 09:38 PM
The trophy hunters use the same magazines as the axis rifles.You can get them from Savage or other common suppliers. I can't move the lock ring on my scope either. Post if you get yours to move.

rjtfroggy
05-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Move the focus bell away from the nut and then try.

jammied
05-12-2014, 07:01 AM
I believe there is a set screw in the tab by the eye piece. Mine did anyway and the instructions said to loosen it before trying to adjust.

cttb
05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Thasks for the tips. I saw the set screw is in the ring that adjusts the magnification. Moving the focus bell away from the lock ring did the trick for me. The scope was focused well from the factory so I haven't messed with it.

cttb
05-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Another poster on here linked to a site with 10 round axis mags: www.snydermags.com.

jammied
05-12-2014, 11:33 PM
oops misunderstood mine wouldn't adjust for power without loosining the screw. The focus on it was easy to adjust. again my bad