PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B.Mag Cleaning

minderasr
05-11-2014, 09:43 AM
I tried searching forums on this topic, unsuccessfully. What are you using (kit?) to clean your B.Mag? Midway & Brownells have tons of stuff for .17HMR but not .17WSM (at least in my feeble attempts to locate anything). :wacko:

TIA

Rooster 50
05-11-2014, 10:44 AM
I tried searching forums on this topic, unsuccessfully. What are you using (kit?) to clean your B.Mag? Midway & Brownells have tons of stuff for .17HMR but not .17WSM (at least in my feeble attempts to locate anything). :wacko:

TIA

Not sure what you are looking for. Whatever works for the 17hmr would work for the Bmag other than maybe a boreguide. FWIW I just ordered some of the Italian gungrease products and tried them for the first time on my Bmag. They really seem to work.
The thing that really impressed me was the grease itself on the locking lugs of the Bmag. Between that and the tactical bolt handle it closes much easier and feels less gritty.

minderasr
05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm looking for cleaning rod/bore snake, brushes, etc. Someone told me the .17WSM (.172") being a smaller diameter than the .17HMR (.179" ?) means the same products would not work. I just didn't want to go jamming something in the barrel, and become a bigger idiot than I already am. ;) Thought I'd ask those with more experience with this caliber.

Thank you for responding.

Rooster 50
05-11-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm looking for cleaning rod/bore snake, brushes, etc. Someone told me the .17WSM (.172") being a smaller diameter than the .17HMR (.179" ?) means the same products would not work. I just didn't want to go jamming something in the barrel, and become a bigger idiot than I already am. ;) Thought I'd ask those with more experience with this caliber.

Thank you for responding.

They are the same size. You should be fine with hmr accessories in your Bmag

minderasr
05-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Excellent. Thank you again!

bremereric
05-15-2014, 02:39 PM
I have used 17 hmr patches that I have to cut in half and push it through the bore. I use only Frog lube on all my guns.