PDA

View Full Version : I am looking at acquiring a Hog Hunter in .308

festus
05-10-2014, 11:10 PM
I am looking at acquiring a hog hunter in .308.
The problem I am having is finding an aftermarket stock that is
1. A bolt in fit
2. Accepts the savage magazine or converts it over to a common mag like hk91/cetme or fn/fal or M1A...

Any knowledge on this subject will be much appreciated.

The rifle configuration I am trying to achieve is 20 inch or shorter barrel, brake, chassis system w/ external mag., millett lrs scope or swfa 10x42m scope

BoilerUP
05-11-2014, 08:02 AM
I am looking at acquiring a hog hunter in .308.
The problem I am having is finding an aftermarket stock that is
1. A bolt in fit
2. Accepts the savage magazine or converts it over to a common mag like hk91/cetme or fn/fal or M1A...

At the risk of being harsh..you aren't looking very hard.

The 11 Hog Hunter is a top/side bolt release short action centerfeed, and any number of stocks and chassis systems fit it including (not comprehensive):
AICS
McRee
XLR
MDT
JP Enterprises
Manners
McMillan
Choate
Stockade
Hogue
Boyd's
Bell & Carlson Varmint/Tactical Medalist

You aren't going to find a M1A mag conversion, you're going to have to use either 1. Savage factory DBM metal and mags, which you can buy directly from Savage, use a stock with CDI or Accurate-Mag DBM and AICS-pattern magazines (either option will require a stock that comes inletted for the appropriate bottom metal, either from the stock maker, gunsmith, or DBM manufacturer) or a chassis system that accepts AICS-pattern magazines.

To achieve the configuration you want, I'd recommend a chassis system from AICS, McRee, XLR, or MDT based upon your budget and desired features.

festus
05-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the quick response