PDA

View Full Version : Remington Golden Bullet Recall?

mazda3gun
05-09-2014, 10:52 AM
I think NOT!!!

At least, that was the story last night at WalMart...

I've got the mobile app on my phone. I see that one of two local Wally's has Rem GB's 225rnd packs 'Availability Unknown'. -checked this twice throughout the day, once in the morning, then again as I was leaving work- So I stop by on the way home and go to investigate. Needed to pick up allergy meds anyway and some car wax, gotta love pollen!
I make my way to the gun counter, no one there, as usual. Find an associate and they call someone to help me, she normally works in housewares I'm told, no biggie. Just get me my ammo, right? Here's where it gets interesting...
-She says, "The top shelf is empty, that means we don't have any 22s."
-Me, "Ma'am, I'm sure you have ammo at 7AM every morning when the retirees and welfare check holders come in. My app tells me otherwise, I can show you if you want."
-Her, "Ok sir, which ones do you show we have?" she's been more than helpful IMO to this point, pleasant tone of voice, not huffing and puffing, etc.
-Me, "These here, the Rem HP GB's in a 225ct box, $11.17 price tag."
So, she finds the tag on the shelf, scans it. "It shows we have 7 ON HAND", meaning they exist in the store 'ready for sale', I presume.

She calls the manager, which, apparently, only the manager or the Sporting Goods Assoc. are the only ones who can get ammo....-sure, whatever you say lady LOL!
Hangs up the phone, not a good look on her face. "Sir, there's been a recall on that ammo and we can't sell it."

Now, I'm gonna leave my story there. I didn't blow up, act like a fool, or yell obscenities. I acted like a civil human being. I mentioned the only recall I knew of was Win M22, currently,and NOTHING about Remington recalling anything that was worth my attention. I check out up front with my other items and left the store to do some digging. No recent recalls other than 17HMR ammo and a 17HMR rifle show up as the latest.

mazda3gun
05-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Business got taken care of. Called corporate, they sorted it out. The GM called me and is holding a box for me to pick up today!

mazda3gun
05-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Sometimes, you just can't fix stupid. Apparently there was an issue with Remy RIFLES being recalled, not the ammo. No wonder I discount most people these days...

1983Weatherby
05-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Glad it worked out. Yeah certian model 700 Remington's have a trigger issue.

jammied
05-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Yep had to send 2 remy 700's back over the trigger. And just had that 300 ultra starting to shoot! And devoloping my flinch

mazda3gun
05-12-2014, 04:48 PM
That's a bummer on the trigger issue. But, better safe than sorry! There's a fine line between 'hair trigger' and 'bump me slightly and I'll blow your face off'