PDA

View Full Version : fire forming 6br ?

acemisser
05-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Ok..My old barrel was the standard 6 br Rem....I am going to
order another barrel from Mc Gowin with the 6brNorma chamber.
What is the best way to fire form the brass? thanks

sharpshooter
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Why would you need to fireform factory brass? Just load them up and shoot um.

DanSavage
05-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Fill your cases with sand and top with any bullet and strike down on the bullet with a hammer.... This will form the case just fine.
Also break in your new barrel by heating it red hot with a torch then quickly dunk it in cold water. Hope this helps. LOL

I emptied my PM box so you can send me a message now. Nice shooting at the match, I hope I can pull a 199 someday. I don't know much about the 6br series, but are you asking how to fire form a 6br rem case in a 6br norma?

acemisser
05-06-2014, 06:01 AM
Fill your cases with sand and top with any bullet and strike down on the bullet with a hammer.... This will form the case just fine.
Also break in your new barrel by heating it red hot with a torch then quickly dunk it in cold water. Hope this helps. LOL

I emptied my PM box so you can send me a message now. Nice shooting at the match, I hope I can pull a 199 someday. I don't know much about the 6br series, but are you asking how to fire form a 6br rem case in a 6br norma?

Dan-I only have 1 question..What type of sand should I use? And I was thinking of something different when I ask the question,so please disregard it......I wonder if I lay the barrel in a bed of hot coals . Will that work or will I need a Tourch......Thanks so much for your suggestions.....If all goes well,I plan on using it on the 18th....Bring more shooters....

acemisser
05-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Why would you need to fireform factory brass? Just load them up and shoot um.

I guess I was thinking of the 6mmbrx....Your right load and shoot...only difference is one can seat the bullets out futher in the Norma chamber...lol