PDA

View Full Version : Bell Carlson Stocks

ssm
09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
How many of you of you use a Bell Carlson Stock? Are they good, bad, or just so so?

Building a rifle in stages, got a Savage 12 action with a SSS trigger on the way that I bought on another forum, when I get some more money I am gonna get the Barrell , then a stock. Will be building a 6BR.

Will shoot alot off a bench from 200-500 yards with a small group of guys and will shoot the occasional hog or coyote at those same distances.

This is the one I was looking at:

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-110/Bell-Carlson-tactical-700/Detail

Does anyone have any thoughts on a thumbhole laminate?

Thanks

lucy123
09-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I LIKE MINE .I HAVE A 308 HEAVY BARREL IN IT.

GaCop
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I've used three of the Duramaxx stocks for builds. They're much better than the factory tupperware. They do need some work to get them ready for glass bedding. You can't beat the price too.

I had a Boyd's thumbhole laminate on a heavy barrel Mauser build and liked it.

lefty o
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
not a huge fan, have 3 of their stocks and unless they vastly improve QC, i'll not ever have another.

WaltherP99
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I have one on a Remmy 700 and I like it. I would like to get one for my VLP but I have heard issues with getting the barrel to center in the channel.

Any of you guys that have one now...do you have this issue?

dcloco
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I have four...ALL have been very good. Three B & C tactical medalist and one Duramaxx - you DO have to fit the duramaxx - it was NOT a drop in affair, which most people want. About 10 minutes with a dremel and then lay in the glass bedding.

DGD6MM
09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I 've had a Medalist for more then 2 years now and I have shot bench, f-class, and tactical shoots and done well with it. The barrel is not quite centered but it still delivers small groups out to 1000+.This is my 6CM and I shoot it most of the time. I've got a McMillan A2 Tactical Savage I've been thinking about selling the stock and replacing it with a B&C Medalist. I'd own them again and again.

yorketransport
09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
I have a Medalist on one of my Target actions. I love the stock and would definately buy another one. I didn't have any trouble with barrel not being centered.

Andrew

ellobo
09-09-2009, 02:10 AM
The Boyds laminate thumhole stocks are on sale, drop in finished, 98$, the VIP (Needs a little fit and finish) 69$
I have had two boyds lamintes and they are excellent, but all laminates are a bit heavy.

El Lobo