PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 Long Action Centerfeed Replacement Stocks

Dogtired
05-04-2014, 01:46 AM
So, anyone know if the Hogue full bed block overmold stock or the Bell and Carlson Medalist stocks will fit the Stevens 200 long action center feed model? I see that the Choate Tactical will fit, but was hoping to possibly find a lighter model. Looking to keep this around $200-300 and come with a full aluminum bed block. I'm too tired to try to figure out how to glass bed this thing--just looking for a drop-in, solid, ready to go stock.

GaCop
05-04-2014, 05:22 AM
A stagger feed stock will work. A slot has to be cut for the "L" clip or you have to bed the mag box into the stock with epoxy.

stewart3
05-04-2014, 12:51 PM
There is also the possibility that you won't have good contact between action and stock and may want or need bedding job done anyway. Some folks say that a vee block is better but with a mass produced receiver the inconsistencies make for a bad fit. Then again you might bolt it up and shoot great or as well as you need.

Ted

Dogtired
05-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!! Sigh....if I'm gonna have to bed it AFTER buying a stock, might as well go to Boyds and save a hundred bucks.....

Dogtired
05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
...and probably a pound or two... :p

stewart3
05-04-2014, 06:25 PM
B&C Medalist is a sweet stock I've never skim bedded a bedding block but from reading it does not seem as intensive as a pillar bed job. I have pillar bedded a boyds and a few factory stocks. I say pull the trigger a skim bed would be no problem.

Dogtired
05-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Problem is I don't know if the Medalist will fit the center feed blind mag...

Dogtired
05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Problem is I don't know if the Medalist will fit the center feed blind mag...

How difficult is it to fit a stagger feed mag stock to a center feed rifle?

stewart3
05-06-2014, 12:10 AM
As stated by GaCop there is a clip that holds your mag clip in place (stagger feed is attached to receiver). When it comes to fitting stocks a dremel is your friend. You will need to relieve a slot for the clip to sit flush in the aluminum just as it is in your current stock. Also, one of the big arguments about modifying bedding blocks is resale so if this is a set up you want to keep in your arsenal no problem.