PDA

View Full Version : How often do Strikers come up for sale?

Deserthunter
05-02-2014, 11:15 PM
One reason I ask, I think it is a great platform, I'm left-handed and these would be a ball.... Has Savage given any thought to opening up the line again? My Son took one a few years ago a built a nice youth rifle for his son, he has since sold it, of course selling it, without mentioning it.... not funny.... I built a model 12 in 6.5x47L and I saw a barrel for it a few days ago on e-bay, I'd like a second and was just wondering....

bootsmcguire
05-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Strikers come up from time to time. I just picked one up about a week ago. There are always some on gunbroker, but not always the best prices. I have seen 4 that I can recall come across the classifieds here in the last 2-3 years.

Rooster 50
05-03-2014, 12:57 AM
One reason I ask, I think it is a great platform, I'm left-handed and these would be a ball.... Has Savage given any thought to opening up the line again? My Son took one a few years ago a built a nice youth rifle for his son, he has since sold it, of course selling it, without mentioning it.... not funny.... I built a model 12 in 6.5x47L and I saw a barrel for it a few days ago on e-bay, I'd like a second and was just wondering....

What did he use for a stock. I built a real sweet rifle on a striker action but had to do a total inlet on the stock.

yorketransport
05-03-2014, 03:04 AM
They seem to come in waves. I bought two in 1 month about a year ago; one here and one on gun broker. If you find one for the right price, just buy it! If you hesitate, somebody will buy it before you come back.