PDA

View Full Version : accustock fit problem on model 11 prairie dog

fastbob49
04-30-2014, 10:52 PM
I have a cabela's model 11 prairie dog in 22-250. Bought a used accustock from a 10 FCP-SR. Barrel lug wont fit into the slot in the aluminum bed. Slot is .28" wide, and lug is .29" wide. Obviously I have to clearance problem. Anyone else have this problem? And what is best approach to correct the problem.

jpdown
05-01-2014, 07:14 AM
I beleive the Accustock uses a different recoil lug. You are going to have to change the recoil lug to put your model 11 action in an Accustock.

J.Baker
05-01-2014, 07:32 AM
I beleive the Accustock uses a different recoil lug. You are going to have to change the recoil lug to put your model 11 action in an Accustock.

Yep!

fastbob49
05-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Well that explains why it won't fit. Anyone have the part number of the accustock recoil lug in blue? Would a Sharp Shooter Supply competition recoil lug work in the accustock? Another option would be to open up the slot gap. Would like to hear from anyone who has gone through this before.

foxx
05-01-2014, 11:13 AM
No, the aftermarket lugs will not work either. The lug you have can be ground to fit in the accustock rail, though. The only reason I would do that is if you don't have the means to remove the lug. If you can remove it and the barrel (you will need a barrel nut wrench and, most likely, either a barrel vice or action wrench) then just call savage and get an accustock lug. It's not expensive, just diferent dimensions.

I would not alter the stock to fit the lug... the stock is worth a lot more than the lug and 99% of its value is the rail.