PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Concealed Carry

mazda3gun
04-29-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm a resident and License holder in the state of KY currently, literally was issued 3/21/14, brand new and shiny! And, I'm moving to OH shortly(roughly 30 days) since I just bought a house there. There is reciprocity between states regarding the actual License.
I'm aware that the actual license isn't technically 'transferable'. What do I need to do to legally CC in dirty Democratic OH? Do I have to start all over again? Since everything is so new and recent, can I just show them all my paperwork and pay a fee?

Appreciate the help folks.

*cough* Buckeyes suck! Go Cats!!! *cough*

Road Rat
04-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Well, if it was me I would contact the sheriff in the county you are moving into.

Here is a sample link to the sheriff of Franklin County that you might use for information and a sample.

Good Luck.

https://sheriff.franklincountyohio.gov/services/concealed-carry-permit.cfm

Stu
04-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Well, if it was me I would contact the sheriff in the county you are moving into.]

This..

LoneWolf
04-30-2014, 02:18 AM
No Buckeyes bashing after you move. so get it out of your system! Besides OSU the CAVS are all we got!

mazda3gun
04-30-2014, 08:17 AM
LoneWolf, at least you guys have Pro teams in a few sports! KY doesn't have a single one at the moment.

But on topic, I did call the county I'm moving to. Didn't like what they had to say about it :(

foxx
04-30-2014, 09:39 AM
LoneWolf, at least you guys have Pro teams in a few sports! KY doesn't have a single one at the moment.

But on topic, I did call the county I'm moving to. Didn't like what they had to say about it :(

Mazda, are you sure UK's basketball team doesn't qualify as a pro team? :) Or do they not count, "at the moment" b/c they are all entering the draft and moving on?

netfan
04-30-2014, 11:24 AM
*cough* Buckeyes suck! Go Cats!!! *cough*

Hope you get this resolved before you move... sounds like you're going to need the CC :)

mazda3gun
04-30-2014, 03:55 PM
foxx, only 2 players went to the NBA this year. We still have more than enough to win the tourney!

foxx
04-30-2014, 05:20 PM
They will be a force to reckon with, for sure. I'm thinking they would give the Pistons a run for their money if given a chance.

J.Baker
04-30-2014, 06:08 PM
I would say it depends on what the requirements were for the KY permit and whether or not they meet the requirements for an OH permit. However, I don't know how out-of-state training would be taken by the local sheriff's office. Maybe try a neighboring county sheriff to see if they're more friendly or helpful (especially if your county is a major metro area where they're more likely to be against CHL's) as you are allowed to get it through bordering sheriff's office as well in Ohio.

mazda3gun
05-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Ohio law states that a minimum of 30 days residence in county where I apply for CC, a min of 45 days in the state of OH. -that much I know about it.

As for a neighboring county, I don't think the answer would be any better or worse. It'll be Lawrence county, it's all a little 'hillbilly/redneck' down here lol. Guns are guns in my neck o the country.