PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Handle Install Procedure

NotoriousAPP
04-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi y'all. Yep, I'm a savage noob but having a lot of fun at it. I have an aftermarket bolt handle on order. I just wanted to check with the knowledge base on the forums here regarding the bolt handle install. I've seen some web sites and youtube videos which show how to take apart the bolt and swap the handle so I'm good on that I think. My question for the forums is: are there any concerns or special considerations regarding the bolt timing or it's affect on headspacing?

I thought that the ramp on the bolt handle held lock the bolt lugs, and therefore the case, into the chamber. I was just concerned that I may screw up timing or headspacing if I don't install or setup the handle correctly. This would be on a Savage 110E.

Thanks.

foxx
04-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Nope. Don't worry about it at all.

BillPa
04-28-2014, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=NotoriousAPP;259105 My question for the forums is: are there any concerns or special considerations regarding the bolt timing or it's affect on headspacing?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The only thing it may affect is the primary extraction, it's timing and or the amount of it. If after installing the new handle if things work as they should, case extraction and opening-closing the bolt don't worry about it. If not, post whats happening.

Bill

NotoriousAPP
04-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted if I have any issues.