PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds Question

Itsricmo
04-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Is there a minimum number of posts one must acquire before access to the Classifieds is granted?

I can't even view the rules section...

EdKin
04-26-2014, 06:32 PM
You must be a paid member

rsh4364
04-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Join up its worth it,I have already scored on a few things I wanted.

tufrthnails
04-26-2014, 10:47 PM
Join up its worth it,I have already scored on a few things I wanted.
X2 I have also scored some good deals.

Itsricmo
04-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Oh, that I was not aware of at all. Whats membership dues cost?

maxl
04-27-2014, 01:42 AM
15.00 dollars a year, well worth the cost

jeder212
04-27-2014, 02:34 AM
X2 I have also scored some good deals.

This

sniper15545
04-27-2014, 10:36 AM
You must be a paid member

The reasoning behind this is to keep spammers and scammers away.

scope eye
04-27-2014, 10:49 AM
One thing I have always wanted to know is, why is the "buyer" always at a disadvantage, meaning the buyer sends the money first, why is it that the seller is more trustworthy, there is a valid argument for both sides, but that is still the way it is.

Dean

sniper15545
04-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I've had a lot of guy's ship items the same day I mailed their m/o. I know I usually do if the guy has been a member for awhile.

Itsricmo
05-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Sorry for the late reply, I have been super busy with work! But thank you for the information! I am going to look into going about becoming a paid member! I assume one can apply online with a card, rather than sending anything through mail...

Also, about the buyer being at a disadvantage... that's just how it seems to go. If I have dealt with the person before, or know others that I trust have dealt with the person before, the item goes out same day they send the money. Sometimes even before if it is already pre-packaged! :D If a person is being short, vague with details and doesn't seem to be a chill person.... I hesitate and wait till the check clears and money is in the savings account.

tufrthnails
05-03-2014, 10:37 AM
this site actually has a feedback score. If it is used can be a nice asset.

J.Baker
05-03-2014, 03:47 PM
One thing I have always wanted to know is, why is the "buyer" always at a disadvantage, meaning the buyer sends the money first, why is it that the seller is more trustworthy, there is a valid argument for both sides, but that is still the way it is.

Dean

Well the simple answer would be because possession is 9/10ths of the law. If the seller shipped out the product on the assumption that the buyer is a good, upstanding person and will follow through with payment, and then the buyer doesn't, the seller is out his item and will have a heck of a time getting it back (if he can at all). He'll have a shipping receipt at best to prove he sent the item, but he has no proof to show that he never received the payment.

For the buyer, the smart ones pay in a manner that can be tracked (i.e. USPS money order sent via certified letter requiring signature upon receipt, credit card, PayPal, etc). In doing so they can prove that they paid said money for said item and that said seller received said payment. The burden of proof then falls back to the seller to prove that he/she did send out the product upon receipt of payment or explain why the never did.

Jamie
05-05-2014, 10:13 AM
^ Good answer.

I usually mail items out long before payment arrives for things other than firearms.