PDA

View Full Version : Thread pattern for scope mount

maroberson
04-26-2014, 12:01 AM
I just got a new 11 TH XP today and I removed the scope and mounts to remove the barrel. When removing the front mount I notice that the very front screw was not screwed down all of the way. When I went to put the base back on it bottoms out just short of tightening the base down to the receiver. Should I tap the hole deeper or file the screw down? I have a new mount coming in tomorrow anyway. If I need to tap it does anybody know what the thread pattern is?

Thanks,
Matt

foxx
04-26-2014, 12:05 AM
My guess is your screw is actually bottoming out against the bolt. Try to tighten the screw with the bolt open... if it tightens down, you probably won't be able to close the bolt. If that's the case, grind the screw down a bit 'till it is short enough to tighten and not interfere with the bolt.

maroberson
04-26-2014, 12:22 AM
It's actually the screw closest to the muzzle, over the barrel. With the barrel off looking at the bottom of the threads through the receiver I can tell they weren't cut all of the way down like the others.

drybean
04-26-2014, 12:35 AM
Common problem , just shorten the screw
it was just bottoming out on the barrel threads

maroberson
04-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Ok, Seems the safest route. Thanks

bflee
05-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Check your other screws and see if one is shorter. Most mounts have a short screw sent with them for the front.