PDA

View Full Version : Fitting standard recoil lug in Accustock

bama1
04-25-2014, 02:11 AM
Alright, I have failed miserably at finding an Accustock recoil lug so I'm going to attempt cutting down standard recoil lug. I know the sides have to be cut down and it has to be shortened. Do I just cut sides down until it fits inside rail and then shorten until action bottoms out? Just got shipping notice on PTG bottom metal.

jonbearman
04-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Why not convert to a standard stock with a normal recoil lug or is it to hard to get the parts you need to do this.That way you would have a nicer selection of stocks and so forth.

Jetpig
04-25-2014, 08:09 AM
I did it on my original accustock. Went very slow and careful with a dremel. Just don't mess with the aft wall of the lug groove. Only take meat off the front. After I was done, I re-bedded the lug with JB Weld. The lug I fit was the heavy one sold by Jim.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x410/jetpig/300WM5.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/jetpig/media/300WM5.jpg.html)

bama1
04-25-2014, 11:28 AM
I had a max-1 Accustock given to me. I bought a hog hunter and ordered PTG bottom metal for it. I've already cut out for the top bolt release in stock and just needed recoil lug. (Thought this was the easy part)
I have no intention of using this for long range and will experiment with subsonic loads mostly. If I like it I'll get a blackout for ar and if I don't I have a short barrel 308.
I have a lug I got from Jim last week but I will try the factory one first. Knowing me I'll wreck the free stock if I cut the sides.
Jetpig, rather stupid question, is that aft from front of stock or back. Picture threw me off and I couldn't make it out. Aft depends on where your standing if I'm thinking right..it wouldn't be the first time if I'm wrong.

foxx
04-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Bama1, he means leave the side of the lug closer to the action alone. It should fit square / true against the rail so it does not want to push the barrel to one side or other under recoil.

bama1
04-25-2014, 03:50 PM
Thank you, foxx.