PDA

View Full Version : What will the next big advancement be in the firearm world?

Pages : 1 [2]

mazda3gun
05-02-2014, 03:42 PM
I mean, handgun hunting has been accepted there for a while, right? I think it's silly that at least the southern counties near where I currently live in KY, and will be moving to, can't already use "high power centerfire rifles". Terrain isn't any different from Boyd Co, KY to Lawrence Co, OH, just a river in between. Further north, I can see that. It's super flat just a few hours north, a small caliber with a lot of powder would travel immensely greater than a shotgun.

I need to see this list!

mazda3gun
05-02-2014, 04:27 PM
More .22 ammo:deadhorse:would be a definite 'advancement'.....HAHAHA!:biggrin-new:

J.Baker
05-03-2014, 06:17 PM
I mean, handgun hunting has been accepted there for a while, right? I think it's silly that at least the southern counties near where I currently live in KY, and will be moving to, can't already use "high power centerfire rifles". Terrain isn't any different from Boyd Co, KY to Lawrence Co, OH, just a river in between. Further north, I can see that. It's super flat just a few hours north, a small caliber with a lot of powder would travel immensely greater than a shotgun.

I need to see this list!

Per the press release from the ODNR...

The council also approved straight-walled cartridge rifles for deer hunting. The rifles are the same caliber and use the same straight-walled cartridges that are currently legal for use in handguns. The new regulation is designed to allow additional opportunities for hunters that own these guns or want to hunt with these guns. These rifles have reduced recoil compared to larger shotguns, and the rifles are more accurate than the same caliber handgun.

Legal deer hunting rifles are chambered for the following calibers:
.357 Magnum
.357 Maximum
.38 Special
.375 Super Magnum
.375 Winchester
.38-55
.41 Long Colt
.41 Magnum
.44 Special
.44 Magnum
.444 Marlin
.45 ACP
.45 Colt
.45 Long Colt
.45 Winchester Magnum
.45 Smith & Wesson
.454 Casull
.460 Smith & Wesson
.45-70
.45-90
.45-110
.475 Linebaugh
.50-70
.50-90
.50-100
.50-110
.500 Smith & Wesson

A new regulation states shotguns and straight-walled cartridge rifles used for deer hunting be loaded with no more than three shells in the magazine and chamber combined. The current hunting regulation states a shotgun must be plugged if it is capable of holding more than three shells.

The question right now is whether or not a tubular rifle magazine would have to somehow be plugged. The wording here doesn't say it would, but since it's not specifically clarified yes or no then it's kind of open to interpretation by the GW's.

mazda3gun
05-06-2014, 08:40 AM
The question right now is whether or not a tubular rifle magazine would have to somehow be plugged. The wording here doesn't say it would, but since it's not specifically clarified yes or no then it's kind of open to interpretation by the GW's.

I get the desire to prevent mass murder of furries and limit ammo capacity in hunting firearms. But, sometimes ya get buck fe-fe-fe-fever and miss LOL!

Folks that want to use AR's for hunting, which has increased hand over fist in the last few years, are probably targeted most. Since they don't make 3rnd mags and all...

LoneWolf
05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I like the idea of the electronically adjustable trigger, but I really don't want to rely on anything with batteries! I think the big thing is going to be the smart optics that are tied into the gun getting cheaper, but to me that's not much fun when there is so much knowledge to be had determining it all on your own. I think if all the electronics come into play it would change the sport of shooting the first time someone showed up to a competition.

mazda3gun
05-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Go here: http://tracking-point.com/

I get how the scope can get on target and stay there. But the human factor comes in and....:confused:
Inconceivable!

LoneWolf
05-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Go here: http://tracking-point.com/

I get how the scope can get on target and stay there. But the human factor comes in and....:confused:
Inconceivable!

They've taken that factor out as well by having an electronic trigger that you hold down, but the rifle won't fire till you align the cross hairs again. People who have never shot a rifle before were making 1000yds shots without issue.

mazda3gun
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
That's CRAZY! I should've read into it more I suppose.

Itsricmo
05-07-2014, 07:15 PM
People without skill or training are making 1000yd shots huh... I guess if you have the money lol

D.ID
05-24-2014, 01:28 AM
I am a big fan of mechanical devises. When we are talking bout controlling, releasing or committing to a 65,000psi steel incased detonation 5" in front of my face, pointed and timed very deliberately.........a hit or miss= the consequences of which are eternal......................NOPE, do not trust the electronics that much. At least not after I have bean dragging them threw the rain and mud for a weak.
And................Smart guns are the dumbest idea ever.

LoneWolf
05-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Smart guns are the dumbest idea ever.

LMAO!! I agree, but well said!