PDA

View Full Version : My Budget 1000yrd 308

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Chrazy-Chris
07-13-2014, 12:47 AM
I ordered SWFA low rings to replace the medium SWFA rings. Also replaced two piece mounts with one piece mounts to improve eye relief. Now, low rings won't work on my set up. I had to move my scope forward quite a bit to get my eye relief correct. After that, there was interference at the eye piece of the scope. Back to the medium rings. That set up, with one piece mount, seems to work. Low rings for sale on ebay.

Well, crap - sorry to hear that. SWFA seems to have very good customer service, did you consider their return policy?

fatphatboy88
07-13-2014, 01:56 AM
I have the egw 20moa base with burris Xtr low rings and the swfa 20x scope. It works great for me because I have a long LOP so I have the scope set back a little bit. If it's too far forward with parallax a just meet ring will contact the rear part of the base. Or you could just mill off those parts of the base that won't be used and it will clear fine.

Chrazy-Chris
07-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Also, I recently saw where someone cut off the front half inch or so of the EGW mount to make room for their scope... could be a possible solution if you're trying to get by with low rings.

After having the scope for a few months, I'm not too pleased with the SWFA 16x. It is the least clear scope I've used yet. There is a white blurriness to the outside edges, especially around the bottom. Maybe it just needs a sunshade?

sixonetonoffun
07-28-2014, 12:11 AM
That's interesting. Lots of.positive reviews on the.6x and.10x swfa's.

Never.tried.one.but price.makes it.look tempting. Had.thought of.one.for my 223 but.when took the.7rm barrel off my 110 for.the 500/375 I got a good used vx3 2.5-8 and moved my 6-18x44 Redfield.from the mag.to the.223. Somehow I wound up putting a vx-ii 3-9x40 on the newer 7rm I picked up new (impulse purchase) and so far am pleased with the changes.

Now.am.working on an.Axis II that will be sporting a 6-18x40 vx-ii I picked up lightly used. I really like this scope for just slightly more then an swfa fixed power. Can't wait to shoot it! But am going through a tacticool refinish/bedding ect like.Chris did a.while back. The vxii will be ideal for my tacticool build but thats a whole nother post!

Hope.it clears up for ya Chris.

Chrazy-Chris
07-30-2014, 12:20 AM
yeah, I'm thinking of trying a sunshade to see if that helps. I'm not getting my hopes up. You get what you pay for, especially with optics.

sixonetonoffun
07-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Just realizing.that myself. The redfields we have are ok entry level scopes. But ya learn really fast 36moa turrets don't get ya far. Took 30 in inserts to bring one (its an odd duck) to optical center. Which leaves only give or take 18 moa of elevation. But I don't dial the 223 its flat enough for the occasional woodchu k, crow or feral cat!