PDA

View Full Version : Choate Stock Bottom Metal

Mike Vegas
04-19-2014, 06:12 PM
OK so I spent 45 mins searching:

savage 12 and savage 10 bottom metal the same?

But I can not find the answer I'm looking for. Anyway, there's a choate stock 4.4 spacing for sale for $225 shipped (is this a good deal?) with bottom metal and a magazine but my dillema is, I have a savage 12 in 223 and the stock for sale is from a savage 10 in 308. My question is, can I remove the bottom metal I have on the Savage 12 and put that on the stock? Is it the same dimension? Or can i just swap the magazine and Am I good to go?

Thanks Folks!!!

devildogandboy
04-20-2014, 03:30 PM
if you are talking Choate Tactical stock, EABCO has them for $199 + shipping without the bottom metal. your bottom metal will fit if you need to use it or you could just use your mag. there are 2 different types of bottom metal for Savage, you have the "metal" or the "plastic", you will need to use the correct mag for each type. I bought the Choate Tactical from EABCO and used the bottom PLASTIC from my model 11 on it for a perfect fit. dimensions are the same. hope this helps some.

Bruce

Mike Vegas
04-20-2014, 03:41 PM
if you are talking Choate Tactical stock, EABCO has them for $199 + shipping without the bottom metal. your bottom metal will fit if you need to use it or you could just use your mag. there are 2 different types of bottom metal for Savage, you have the "metal" or the "plastic", you will need to use the correct mag for each type. I bought the Choate Tactical from EABCO and used the bottom PLASTIC from my model 11 on it for a perfect fit. dimensions are the same. hope this helps some.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce! I may aswell buy the new one for the same price... Thanks again!!!