PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 FP EGW 20 moa mount?

Pages : 1 [2]

DGD6MM
05-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'll remember you said that, for if and when I strip mine out. I will try my best not to over torque them. :D

pa hog
05-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Never had a problem with EGW's Factory Screws, but they will give you Torxs screws for a small fee, if you order the bases directly from them.

firemachine69
05-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Our screws are made from 4037 steel. cold formed into shape, than the thread is rolled which makes a stronger thread.
They are heat treated at Woller heat treat to 40-43 RC thant black anodized.

We recomend that they be torqued to 20 inch lbs.

We destructive test parts, using 3 different torque wrenches for reference and a hex driver that fits the head the heads strip out at averate of 43 inch lbs. That is over 2x the recomended torque. The driver is fresh, not rounded out and we were using 4 torque wrenches. We pulled one that gave a higher number so the average with the high thrown out is 43.

If you installed our mount and the screw stripped email us egw6@pil.net and we will send a set out to you.

Torx screws will take a higher inch lbs before they strip, around 53 inch lbs at which point the driver twists off.

Are you guys using torque wrenches?

thank you
geo

www.egw-guns.com

Does this mean you'll send me a spare set for the ones I killed? I had them installed by my gunsmith, I watched him do it with the torque ratchet. When I went to take them out, I still had 2 out of 4 stripped.

For the record, I'm the poor Canuck who wanted a left-hand-port steel base. ;)

05-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I did use the Wheeler Fat Wrench(all I have in the way of a torque wrench) on the second one. I just used the provided allen wrench on the first try. I took both sets of screws out on the same night while attempting to switch barrels. I can't imagine why 3 of the 8 would round out when the others didn't. I will pass on the kind offer to replace my screws (but thanks though) and just get a set of Torx screws from my local gunsmith. Thanks also to firemachine69!!! That got me back in the game for only $16 and I can use it all around the house!

firemachine69
05-08-2010, 03:48 PM
319:

I have NO idea how I lived without it. It looks so much like a late-night informercial sham, but it truly DOES work! ;D

EGW1
05-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Our screws are made from 4037 steel. cold formed into shape, than the thread is rolled which makes a stronger thread.
They are heat treated at Woller heat treat to 40-43 RC thant black anodized.

We recomend that they be torqued to 20 inch lbs.

We destructive test parts, using 3 different torque wrenches for reference and a hex driver that fits the head the heads strip out at averate of 43 inch lbs. That is over 2x the recomended torque. The driver is fresh, not rounded out and we were using 4 torque wrenches. We pulled one that gave a higher number so the average with the high thrown out is 43.

If you installed our mount and the screw stripped email us egw6@pil.net and we will send a set out to you.

Torx screws will take a higher inch lbs before they strip, around 53 inch lbs at which point the driver twists off.

Are you guys using torque wrenches?

thank you
geo

www.egw-guns.com

Does this mean you'll send me a spare set for the ones I killed? I had them installed by my gunsmith, I watched him do it with the torque ratchet. When I went to take them out, I still had 2 out of 4 stripped.

For the record, I'm the poor Canuck who wanted a left-hand-port steel base. ;)

Thank you for the work.
Yes send me an email please egw@pil.net with your address and I will get a set out to you.
best regards
geo

www.egwguns.com

3fingervic
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I've been very happy with the EGW base that I have. Thanks for being savage friendly.

firemachine69
05-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Just a heads up, I got my replacement screws. GREAT to see, although I am cutious as to why the steel base came with torx screws, and the replacement/original aluminum rail-screws are hex...

Anyhow, top-notch service, I appreciate it! ;D

NotoriousAPP
04-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Hello All,

The Std Tactical rail is .400 from the top of the receiver ring to the top of the rail.

We recently introducted the HD 7075 T6 Rails that are .350, almost 1/16 lower if that helps.

Not sure the height of the rings you mention? we offer our HD rings and our Practical rings.
from the center of the scope to the top of the rail is .850 using a 30mm tube.
The Practical rings are 59.99 and of course made in our shop here in Quakertown Pa.

Thank you Very much for all the support on here.

as an aside, the EDGE mounts should be back from Anodize friday if anyone is looking.

best regards,
geo

www.egw-guns.com (http://www.egw-guns.com)

What's the weight difference between the HD and the standard (lightweight) rings for a savage long action?