PDA

View Full Version : Magazine out of order

sacher
03-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi guys,

unfortunately I have another problem with my savage and I hope you can help me again.

The rifle I have is a Savage 110FP heavy barrel (year of manufacture: 1997 - long action) in .308 Winchester and left hand. It has an internal magazine, no accutrigger and no accustock.

The previous owner had the rifle limited to one shot. I was able to redo this but he had damaged the magazine by tinkering around.

Now I need a new Magazine Box and a new Magazine Follower Assembly.

The problem is that I was only able to find the following magazine box:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=575379
It is described as "short action", but my 110FP is "long action". So now I am a bit confused

Which spare parts do I need, where can I get them. Please be so kind and post a link.

With greetings and thanks in advance

sacher

82boy
03-21-2010, 02:57 PM
You need a long action box, give Sharp Shooters Supply a call tomorrow in the late morning early afternoon, and they should be able to help you out.

privateer
03-21-2010, 07:06 PM
You might check Brownells. I just bought a long action .223 magazine from them.

Uncle Jack
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a twin to your rifle. It's a 90's era LH .308 Win LE in a 110 action with a heavy barrel. The action was not machined to accept a long magazine. The standard short action .308 magazine fits perfectly.

Have you taken the stock off and looked yet? You may find that a short magazine and only a short magazine will fit.

uj