PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Sent My 17wsm back to Savage...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Willy
09-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Join my boycott of Savage firearm products; when the sales drop to nothing, they'll listen.

Lonewulf
10-10-2014, 10:57 AM
still no word on when my HB SS B-mag will ship out :( my patience is starting to wear a little thin

bremereric
10-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Buy another one?

Lonewulf
10-11-2014, 10:29 AM
I really thought about that and Told Cynthia at savage that was what I was thinking about doing, asking for a refund and buying another
but since they changed the twist to 1:8 I kinda want to wait

fla9-40
10-19-2014, 06:35 AM
Well I have had a few more trips to the range with the B-Mag....and at 100yrds I can do as well with a shotgun as I can with this thing! There is NO way the test targets Savage sent back with my replacement is at 100yrds....maybe 25yrds at best or they got them mixed up with someone else's targets!

Here is my BEST target with the new gun:

http://www.nettally.com/kwd/B-Mag.jpg

I'm about to make it a tomato stake in my garden! I really hate to sale this to someone, knowing it will not shot no better then it does. I guess I'm stuck with it.

gsperaz
10-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I really think savage puts these guns in a jig without a stock and test fires them. Very few rifles have been able to match the factory qualifying targets sent back with a returned rifle.

Willy
10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Does anyone here know how to contact rimfirecentral ? I messed up trying to register and I cannot contact an administrator.

fla9-40
10-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Does anyone here know how to contact rimfirecentral ?
Willey I sent you a PM......

Well I took the B-Mag back to the range today to give it another chance. This is the replacement gun with the Tupperware stock that was about 95% floated.
I did take some sandpaper and a dowel rod and made sure it was full floating.

I started off with 25gr rounds and the target looked exactly (or maybe even worse) like the one above.
So I switched to 20gr and the gun seemed to like them better. The target was like the bottom half of the above target… a little over about 1.750MOA.
I wished now I would have saved the target!

Maybe more rounds down the barrel and maybe a Boyd’s stock and it might be a shooter one day! I just hate to spend $100 more dollars on this thing to make it what it should have been from the factory!

Rainorshine
01-28-2015, 05:30 PM
Seems like my replacement B Mag sporter has lost the accuracy I thought it had. When I received it from Savage last July it was shooting 1-1/2" groups with 20 gr. and 2 - 2-1/2 " with 25 gr ammo. I added a Sims resonator and that brought the 20 gr. groups down to close to 1" at 100 yds. I haven't shot it since then until recently. Now the 20 gr. is 3+ inches, Sims or no Sims, and the 25 gr. is about where it was. Maybe it doesn't like the cold weather?

gsperaz
01-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Seems like my replacement B Mag sporter has lost the accuracy I thought it had. When I received it from Savage last July it was shooting 1-1/2" groups with 20 gr. and 2 - 2-1/2 " with 25 gr ammo. I added a Sims resonator and that brought the 20 gr. groups down to close to 1" at 100 yds. I haven't shot it since then until recently. Now the 20 gr. is 3+ inches, Sims or no Sims, and the 25 gr. is about where it was. Maybe it doesn't like the cold weather?
Are you shooting the same lot of ammo as last july ? Ammo varys a bit from lot to lot. I Have the same issues with my original sporter barreled Bmag. At one point it shot great then it went down hill and I have not been able to correct.
I replaced it with a HB version and have had very good consistent results. There is just something weird about that skinny barrel. The heating of the barrel and harmonics just don't work well.

Rainorshine
01-30-2015, 10:21 AM
Are you shooting the same lot of ammo as last july ? Ammo varys a bit from lot to lot. I Have the same issues with my original sporter barreled Bmag. At one point it shot great then it went down hill and I have not been able to correct.
I replaced it with a HB version and have had very good consistent results. There is just something weird about that skinny barrel. The heating of the barrel and harmonics just don't work well.

Yes, I only had a few rounds left from July but they wouldn't group either. I remember you went through a lot with your origal B Mag. Glad the HB is working out for you. I'll keep working with this rifle - hopefully not making it any worse. Thanks for you input!

fla9-40
05-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but....

Well I FINALLY got my B-Mag to shoot half way decent groups @ 100yrds! I found some of the American Eagle 20gr at our local Bass Pro and decided to give them a try...

The pic I posted above was the last time I had shot it and was using the Winchester 20 and 25gr.
Here is the American Eagle (obviously the "X" out holes are from another rifle:p ):

http://www.nettally.com/kwd/B-Mag_sm.jpg

http://www.nettally.com/kwd/B-Mag_smA.jpg

No more Winchesters for this rifle!

I might just get another stock for it now!!

Compare this to this post: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?35158-Sent-My-17wsm-back-to-Savage&p=285291&viewfull=1#post285291