PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger mods.

Pages : 1 [2]

Unbound
03-16-2015, 05:55 AM
I could only get to 3 lbs consistently with my stock trigger. I put in the spring from Gunshack and brought it down to 2 lbs. Feels great. It was adjusting down below 1 pound or so. While that was fun it was too light for my comfort. It seemed like I would barley touch the main trigger piece after pressing the blade in and it would trigger the action. I could practically breath on it to set it off. Brought it back up to 2 lbs. and it feels a lot better. Just enough pull weight to feel I'm in control of the break point and feel safe. I'll be doing more safety checks for sure though.

Mach2
03-16-2015, 08:02 AM
deleted

Mach2
03-16-2015, 08:02 AM
I could only get to 3 lbs consistently with my stock trigger. I put in the spring from Gunshack and brought it down to 2 lbs. Feels great. .

You got a 3lb trigger right off the showroom floor. Pretty fantastic. That trigger has a sear block on it that makes it amazingly safe. It isn't just a 3lb trigger; it is a 3lb trigger with a sear block. My accutrigger on a 3006 came the same as yours. I swapped out a spring and lowered the pull to slightly over 2lbs which is as low as I feel comfortable with. Any less and I feel like I have a hair trigger especially when adrenaline kicks in when I detect prey nearby. Not bad when you can walk out the door of a Sportsmans Warehouse with a trigger within 14ozs of what you desire. I think I got the lower strength spring out of a cigarette lighter. I collect springs all the time from cig lighters searching for that perfect spring. Some cig lighters have as many as 4 springs in them. It cost zero to get the perfect pull on an accutrigger.

rebelwolf10
03-16-2015, 09:20 AM
When you finish changing springs do this test several times. Turn the safety ON and pull the trigger. Then turn the safety OFF. It may fire at this point which means it failed the test. Just doing a bump test is not a complete safety test.

Do this in addition to the bump test. Do not do any test with the gun loaded.

I will of Course do a function test of the trigger after any change to it. I do what you have described even after adjusting the factory trigger spring.

n10sivern
05-24-2015, 06:02 AM
hate to resurrect this thread, but is there another source for the springs. I've ordered them in the past from Gunshack, but they are no longer listed for sale there.

limige
06-04-2015, 08:53 PM
yes NSS

short round
06-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Gun Shack removes item when out of stock, I got some this week.

n10sivern
06-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks. They are back up. I'm about to order