PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Savage 25 22 hornet would you buy again?

Shooter970
04-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I have been wanting a 22 hornet for some time and started looking at the model 25 then my buddy decidedes to sell his dads a-bolt medallion 22 hornet so after a little surfing on the interweb seams like the 25's have lots of problems. For those who have one would you buy again or opt for another brand? If so what and why.

Willy
04-17-2014, 10:45 PM
I like my walking varminter in 22 Hornet; so far it's accurate....just wish it would have a camo stock.

homermoore
04-18-2014, 01:46 AM
I received a email back from savage and they are using a nut to secure the barrel now on the model 25. I like that better. I have been thinking about a 22 hornet in the walking varminter, now I like the black stock. Like shooter970 said it seems like a lot of complaints on the sites. but a lot go back a ways. I keep hoping I will hear more positive reviews like Willy.

langenc
05-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Id like to get a Hornet again and find these discussions, well, interesting.

Bigjoe and friend, just above, wont buy another..and the maker checks em out and says "shoot factory ammo" at $1 or more per pop if you can find it...

plinkin
05-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I have been wanting a 22 hornet for some time and started looking at the model 25 then my buddy decides to sell his dads a-bolt medallion 22 hornet so after a little surfing on the interweb seams like the 25's have lots of problems. For those who have one would you buy again or opt for another brand? If so what and why.

I have 3 model 25's a 204, 17 Hornet & a 22 Hornet. No problems with any of them. I did find that installing an EGW scope base was the way to go for strange scope adjustment issues but other than that no issues.

I like the model 25, it is an all around nice rifle to varmint hunt with and still carry it afield. I would buy another M25 without hesitation.

With that being said I am hoping to sell my 17 Hornet. It's complete with ammo, 274 rounds, 26 once fired cases, Hornady dies (unused) and 2 boxes of .172 bullets, 20gr & 25gr. A lot of people want to buy the ammo alone which I won't sell it that way. I am willing to trade for 2 specific air gun, YES AIR GUNS. Both of them new from Pyramyd Air would set someone back $1020. If someone were to shop around for these guns they could get them as low as $950. The biggest issue with all 17 Hornets is the ammo especially if you do not reload. My package fixes all that. Someone will wise up.

Willy
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
What airguns do you want to get? The Weihrauch (the one with the air piston, H90 I think) I'd like is over $600.00 . Diana/RWS also make good ones.

plinkin
05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I want the new 2014 Benjamin Marauder in wood & .22 & the Marauder air pistol in the "Woods Walker" edition.

plinkin
05-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Id like to get a Hornet again and find these discussions, well, interesting.

Bigjoe and friend, just above, wont buy another..and the maker checks em out and says "shoot factory ammo" at $1 or more per pop if you can find it...

Where can you buy it for $25/box? Guys would kill for it at that price. I saw it hitting $86 a box on GB a few months ago + shipping. A current selling listing has it at $160 for 100 rounds + shipping. That is actually low as of late.

langenc
06-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Where can you buy it for $25/box? Guys would kill for it at that price. I saw it hitting $86 a box on GB a few months ago + shipping. A current selling listing has it at $160 for 100 rounds + shipping. That is actually low as of late.

Oou small town has an Ace and a Tru-value. We wonder how we can support two hardwares.

Back 2-3 yrs ago, before the big ammo crunch, each had 10 to 12 boxes of Hornet ammo (50's). I dont know the price. My son and I agreed they would never sell that ammo in this town. Not long after it was all gone and they still dont have any??
Im goindg to ask the one fellow if he sold it or shipped it elsewhere.

sav250
06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I'll say YES. Here is a chronological list of .22 Hornets I've owned since 1990:
Ruger No. 1 B
Browning A Bolt Micro Medallion
HW 66
CZ 527
Savage Model (just before current one in single shot thumbhole laminate stock) 40(?)
Anschutz 1730

The single shot Savage shot beautifully! The Ruger No 1B was the only .22 Hornet I owned that would not shoot under 1.5 MOA consistently on any given day.