PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Boyds DBM Inlet

04-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I recently purchased a Boyds Tacticool for use with PTG Stealth bottom metal. I also have a Hogue stock with full bedding block. Both stocks are SA with DBM inlet. The Boyds option I ordered is top bolt release, SA DBM.

The problem is the bottom metal works great with the Hogue, but doesn't feed in the Tacticool. Measuring the two stocks, the thickness at the rear action screw is nearly the same, but at the front action screw the Tacticool is 0.585" thick compared to 0.445" thick on the Hogue. The Tacticool does have a small rectangular inlet around the front action screw that is 0.430" thick, but the bottom metal rests on the 0.585" part. A 1" front action screw is too long, 0.750" doesn't protrude from the stock.

Has anyone seen this before? Does Boyds inlet differently for top bolt release vs bottom bolt release bottom metal?

peterf225
04-16-2014, 04:14 PM
I had to remove some of the wood from that rectangular inlet at the front action screw. The bottom metal wasn't seating all the way down the rectangular inlet properly.