PDA

View Full Version : EABCO Barrels?????

7stw
03-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Just recently found or was referred to a website on EABCO barrels that are chambered and threaded for Savage rifles and was wondering if anyone has experiences with them> It appears that they are chrome moly only, which is not a real problem. (I once had a chrome moly 7mm mag barrel that shot 1/4 min. groups all day) I am not familiar with the brand, but they do have a couple of chamberings that I am interested in. I am looking to make my newly aquired model 10 fp,(old style) a "switch barrel". Any thoughts or comments, much appreciated. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7STW THANKS IN ADVANCE!

hunter2
03-21-2010, 10:14 AM
This won't help much, but I have an Encore barrel from them that is first rate......

Blue Avenger
03-21-2010, 10:46 AM
the first ones were imported from an outside suppler and were great. then they started to make there own and there skills were lacking. Some bad ones got through. that was a couple years ago. Since then I have heard very little about them. They make barrels for TCs also and I do not hear much on those boards either.

stumpjumper400
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I can't say about the savage pre-fit barrels. I have a swede barrel from them for my encore and it is top notch. Nice bluing, nice crown, overall a very nice barrel.

Steve

7stw
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the replys, blueavenger and stump hunter. I am just getting my feet wet, and learning the gods and the bads, although i'm not sure on thr eabco barrels as of yet. I have been a remmy man most of my life and barrel swapping as it is common with our savage rifles. I love these things!Thanks again for the input!

pa hog
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Well for alittle more money I'd get a Mcgowen or Shilen from Northlander. There's a reason you really don't see many around,,there are better barrels for a little more money.

lwink
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Well for alittle more money I'd get a Mcgowen or Shilen from Northlander. There's a reason you really don't see many around,,there are better barrels for a little more money.

+1 on the Shilens from Northlander if you haven't totally made your mind up yet. I've had nothing but great products and service from those two. I too know of a few good stories with the T/C crowd and Eabco, but they are hunting rifles as well so I can't say anything about match type accuracy if that is what you are looking for.

sinman
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
it shouldn't matter what the barrel is going to be used for the same quality work that goes into a bench rifle barrel should go into a hunting barrel, at least that's the way I make my barrels.

Blue Avenger
03-23-2010, 08:01 PM
it shouldn't matter what the barrel is going to be used for the same quality work that goes into a bench rifle barrel should go into a hunting barrel, at least that's the way I make my barrels.
You make your own barrels, I thought you bought blanks? ;) LOL wont matter how much work you put into a bad blank

sinman
03-23-2010, 08:11 PM
haha I should of said machined. True bad blanks are bad blanks, but if you have 1 out of 10 that is good I think you need different blanks.

dcloco
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
You make your own barrels, I thought you bought blanks? ;) LOL wont matter how much work you put into a bad blank

While heating his house in the winter, the wood stove ALSO is a kiln. Allows him to forge his own barrels. BUT, you have to ask for the "winter barrel" option to get a bonafide SinArms barrel. :)

7stw
03-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Point taken and lesson learned!I am just getting my feet wet, and wadeing through the options and ran across them one day, and thought I would ask those that are in the "know". I will probably go with a SSS barrel when the time comes, and that will be soon.ThANKS FOR EVERYONES input and experience. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL! 7STW

hillcharger5
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I have an EABCO Encore barrel in 223, this is an excellent shooter, excellent being .250" and smaller groups at 100 yds.. I have no experience with an EABCO Savage barrel. Last Savage barrel that I purchsed was one of the drop in barrels from Shilen, 223 with a 1-12. Had to wait almost 15 weeks for delivery, but well worth it. A little bit of break in activity and first pills down the tube were 1/4" group, just a quality product.