PDA

View Full Version : 11 action in a 10 stock

Stogiepuffer
04-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Hello all, Question about stock fitment. I am planning on getting the 11 Hog Hunter in 308. I currently have an FCP SR in 308 that I put into a McRee Precision stock. My question is can I take the action/trigger/barell from the Hog Hunter and put it in the leftover FCP SR stock? Both have the bolt release on the side. The reason I want to is that the FCP stock has the bottom metal for 10 round magazines plus it is Accu stock and I have added an adjustable cheekpiece on it. I can share magazines and have a nice short rifle for hunting here in Kentucky. This combined with the short barrel, sights, etc on the Hog Hunter would be sweet. And yes, the McRee stock fits like a glove. Thanks in advance, Guy

pdog2062
04-13-2014, 10:26 AM
The 10 and 11 are the same action,the difference is the finish.Should work fine.

Jamie
04-13-2014, 11:21 AM
No it most likely won't drop in. The rifles set up in the Accu-stock use a different recoil lug than non Accu-stock rifles. They would most likely swap Accu to non-Accu but your recoil will not drop in as it will be slightly too wide at the top. You can change the lugs out on your rifles and then it would drop in.

bootsmcguire
04-13-2014, 07:10 PM
No it most likely won't drop in. The rifles set up in the Accu-stock use a different recoil lug than non Accu-stock rifles. They would most likely swap Accu to non-Accu but your recoil will not drop in as it will be slightly too wide at the top. You can change the lugs out on your rifles and then it would drop in.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx111/bootsmcguire/ICONS%20and%20Forum%20Stuff/nail.gif (http://s747.photobucket.com/user/bootsmcguire/media/ICONS%20and%20Forum%20Stuff/nail.gif.html)

emtrescue6
04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Jamie is correct....the recoil lug will need "fitment"...but most likely replacement to one of the accustock lugs....might be able to find one on the classifieds here if you ask...as many people swap out their accustocks.

Oscarflytyer
04-15-2014, 11:20 PM
What about the new trigger guard that has the slide button to release the bolt? I just purchased a new Mdl 11 VT. Was looking at the Choate varmint stock. They adamently state that the stock will NOT fit the new models that have my slide button bolt release in front of the trigger guard.

Also - is there any option for metal mag/trigger guard setup for the rifle I have - OTHER than the ~$180 'kit' I found at Brownells? Thanx