PDA

View Full Version : Rifle cases

rjtfroggy
04-13-2014, 06:55 AM
For those of you using an Air-Glide rifle case be careful.
On Friday night while getting ready for Saturdays match my case got knocked over, fell off a 5 gal pale and to be honest I didn't think too much about it.
Well I was starting the warm up relay and had a WTF moment, I was 6inches right and just over a foot high with a rifle that was putting 8 shots under a dime the week before. The only thing that saved me was a new backer board behind the target(was able to see bullet holes) it took 11 shots to rezero but was still off a little for the entire match.Lesson learned from now on I will be using the Pelican case for all my transporting.( should have put it in one in the first place)
Oh yeah end result I shot like ****, came in forth for factory gun.
Back to range this morning to staighten this out.

Mike Vegas
04-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I wish I could tell this to a guy who disagreed with me a while back (different website) about buying a hard case over a range bag as an all around means to transport weapons to range, out of state and or out of country...

I hope you didn't damage your scope, did it just moved a bit? Was it the base?

BobT
04-13-2014, 02:54 PM
My high end stuff rides in a Pelican/Storm 3300

rjtfroggy
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I hope you didn't damage your scope, did it just moved a bit? Was it the base?[/QUOTE]

No the bases are still tight just moved the cross hairs, I haven't reset to mechanical zero yet, that will tell if anything was damaged.

Normally mine ride in the Pelican, I was just being lazy and didn't want to get it out, and to think this case was bought because the BR gun's stock is to wide for the pelican, and the BR was a LOT MORE to build. Now if I could find 107 gr. bullets for it I'd be all set.

Kill N Grill
04-14-2014, 10:06 PM
What brand and nomenclature of scope? 18 inch semi padded fall and it was knocked that far off. Something was not right to start with. I would think the hammering of my 300 win mag with 208 grain bullet would create more shock than that. I dropped mine out of a horse scabbard in Colorado on frozen ground with no change in zero. Must have been one of those freak incidents. I am not saying it didn't happen just saying maybe something was amuck to start with and just hadn't reared it ugly head yet. If there is a warranty on it I would send it back for a go thru.

BillPa
04-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Something was not right to start with.

That's what what I was kinda thinking.

Bill

rjtfroggy
04-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Scope was on this rifle foe at least 3.5 years, never had a problem with it. Shot the box fine always returned to zero after moving it to shoot 200 and then back for 100.
I guess it is just one of those " I don't know" things that happen every once in a while.
It is a Mueller 6-25 that has always performed perfectly.

langenc
04-28-2014, 10:55 PM
If a problem send it back to Mueller and the will send a new one..