PDA

View Full Version : starting first build

jjgulley
04-11-2014, 11:03 PM
I just started new build other day by picking up a savage model 10 in .308 with Bushnell scope on it already. But my goal in next couple months is to add
Xlr chasis
20moa rail (haven't decided on brand yet )
Either creedmore or eabco bull barrel 24inch 1-10 twist
For now the SWFA Super sniper 10x42 hd scope (I have this scope on my .50 and like it but its good for what I want for now. )
Changing bolt handle to longer one.

But looking to build this one myself never have built a bolt gun before so more less learning from my supervisor who loves doing it on the side. suggestions welcomed always listening to other ideas and brands but my last goal I want it to look like us a savage 10ba I'm just used to that AR feel of a stock.

Here is the base rifle I'm starting with

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/12/yreme6u8.jpg

tammons
04-12-2014, 02:42 AM
If you are spending that much in a chassis why not go with a Kreiger barrel and time and true the action.
Well U need a trigger too, machined recoil lug etc and all the good stuff. Farrel steel base would be my preference.

That said if you get a good barrel as in real good it should shoot 3/8 out of the box with a good as in real good setup and minor future work.

I had a non worked 6mm BR in a choate stock that shot 3/4" at 300 yards.

jjgulley
04-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Thank u tammons for the help.. I forgot about kreiger barrels AMD ill have to look into its more of a project buy here and there piece it together slowly in next 3-4 month's roughly but thanks for info keep it coming always open for advice really